GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Help: Service stabilitrak and traction control

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
RNM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Service stabilitrak and traction control

So I have been reading a bunch of posts not only from this site but others as well about the "service stabilitrak and service traction control light" coming on.

I have an 08 NBS and recently dropped the 6.2 in it and left the 4L70e in it.

The only known possible causes for this light blinking that I can think of is either one (one of my tpms has gone bad) or two (voolant cold air intake)

Ive already checked for any vacuum leaks in the tubing and also replaced the MAF sensor with a new one.

I have gotten 3 non-consistent errors that once cleared may or may not come back. What I mean specifically is that i ahve gotten 3 errors (wheel position sensor error)(oil pressure sensor error)(Intake cam-position sensor) with the wheel position sensor not coming back on once it was cleared, so dont know where that came from.

Anyhow the service stabilitrak and traction control comes on and off as it pleases and the only way to clear it is to reset the computer or clear it with a DTC tool. It only seems to come on while Im moving..ie. it doesnt come on if i let it sit in park and idle. When it does come on however, it shifts extremely hard 1st-2nd primarily hard, but the rest hard as well too.

From what I read this is an error that can be triggered by any numerous problems and is thrown for many different reasons.

Anyone had the same trouble? Any solutions?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue. It was a wheel sensor that was the culprit. When I put on my drop kit, I didn't install the bump stops. So, the truck came down and pinched the wheel sensor wire between the frame and axle. Gave me the same code.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:46 PM
RNM
Teching In

u mean the actual wheel answer or the tire pressure sensor?

FYI tho, the codes are P0011 intake camshaft postion (timing over advanced)(Bank 1) and P0521(engine oil pressure sensor range) I know its not bad tho, bcus i had a bad one when i did the swap and the truck wouldnt stop dinging and kept saying low oil pressure, so what does this mean? Its goin bad? and do yall think that these two codes could be related to the stabilitrak issue?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
RNM
Teching In

Also, when i put in on the computer..the fuel pressure was reading between 43-44 psi , isnt it suppose to be 58 psi on the L92? Possible fuel filter stopped up?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was the wheel sensor, not the TPS.