Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

I dyno'd my truck today! 2011 6.2L

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I dyno'd my truck today! 2011 6.2L

Took my truck to PTuning in Manassass Virginia for my first ever dyno experience this morning. Overall, I am fairly satisfied with where my truck is at considering it is all bolt on power so far. First, heres the skinny on my truck:

2011 6.2L crew cab Silverado 4x4. I had to do the pulls in RWD mode. Power mods include K&N intake, OBX LT headers, Gibson catback and Blackbear tune.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEMnEvLfcg&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Heres how my best pull turned out:

The guys that work there say their dyno is about 12% lower than a dynojet dyno, so they figure I would be closer to 385, not to mention drivetrain loss.

So now the next mod question: Cam or torque converter? Supercharger coming eventually too so please pick one of my 2 options for now. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

those 24's ate up some good #'s too!

How much do you wanna spend? lol Converters aren't cheap for the 6spds!

Figure out which VVT cam you want and buy the converter to match it. I think the converter would be the more expensive of the two!
Old 02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your truck. I will be selling my motorcycle in a few weeks and will have a good chunk of change in my pocket that I am trying to decide how I want to spend it. Still not sure what direction I want to go
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
nice! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your truck. I will be selling my motorcycle in a few weeks and will have a good chunk of change in my pocket that i am trying to decide how i want to spend it. Still not sure what direction i want to go
turbo turbo turbo turbo :d
Old 02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stg313
Took my truck to PTuning in Manassass Virginia for my first ever dyno experience this morning. Overall, I am fairly satisfied with where my truck is at considering it is all bolt on power so far. First, heres the skinny on my truck:

2011 6.2L crew cab Silverado 4x4. I had to do the pulls in RWD mode. Power mods include K&N intake, OBX LT headers, Gibson catback and Blackbear tune.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEMnEvLfcg&feature=youtu.be[/media]

Heres how my best pull turned out:

The guys that work there say their dyno is about 12% lower than a dynojet dyno, so they figure I would be closer to 385, not to mention drivetrain loss.

So now the next mod question: Cam or torque converter? Supercharger coming eventually too so please pick one of my 2 options for now. Thanks.
good numbers, damn i was over in VA for work i googled around to do some work done couldnt find a good place other than Virginia speed
Old 02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Good numbers, truck sounds awesome. just out of curiosity, which obx headers did you use? specifically a part# and how was the fitment?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

few pix

Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Solid numbers, congrats!
Old 02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Good numbers on the pull. Mustang dyno is prob what he had it on.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
those 24's ate up some good #'s too!

How much do you wanna spend? lol Converters aren't cheap for the 6spds!

Figure out which VVT cam you want and buy the converter to match it. I think the converter would be the more expensive of the two!
I don't really have a budget in mind currently, but I do know that I want to continue modding. Whatever I decide to do next, ill just save up and get it done!
Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the progress of your truck. I will be selling my motorcycle in a few weeks and will have a good chunk of change in my pocket that I am trying to decide how I want to spend it. Still not sure what direction I want to go
OH NO! Are you going to be buying another bike or what? And Im going to eventually get a pro charger, thats my direction lol
Originally Posted by 62nalide
good numbers, damn i was over in VA for work i googled around to do some work done couldnt find a good place other than Virginia speed
What kind of work?
Originally Posted by 11z71
Good numbers, truck sounds awesome. just out of curiosity, which obx headers did you use? specifically a part# and how was the fitment?
These are the headers I got: OBX LONG TUBE SS304 HEADER 07+ GMC 1500 SERIES 6.2L ALL | eBay

Overall, fitment is good but some of the joints where 2 pieces of the header come together leak. I got 2 of the joints welded. You also have to get 2 plugs to plug 02 bungs. Certainly no complaints about them considering how cheap they are compared to brands like american racing!

Quick Reply: I dyno'd my truck today! 2011 6.2L