Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

I dyno'd my truck today! 2011 6.2L

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the headers I got: OBX LONG TUBE SS304 HEADER 07+ GMC 1500 SERIES 6.2L ALL | eBay

Overall, fitment is good but some of the joints where 2 pieces of the header come together leak. I got 2 of the joints welded. You also have to get 2 plugs to plug 02 bungs. Certainly no complaints about them considering how cheap they are compared to brands like american racing![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was trying to get a stroker build and or blower setup
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Sorry one more question, the pics in the link show a 2 bolt flange for the y pipe but our trucks have a ball and socket flange, how does their y pipe attach to the rest of the exhaust?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

I did my headers at the same time as my catback, so I ordered the gibson with a 2 bolt flange like the 2010 model.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 62nalide
turbo turbo turbo turbo :d
Been looking at a few kits and still need to do lots more reading and deciding the pros and cons.
Originally Posted by stg313
OH NO! Are you going to be buying another bike or what? And Im going to eventually get a pro charger, thats my direction lol
Not sure if I will get another bike or not, maybe down the road but it wont be a street bike. Season is to short, I can't ride how I want to and there is no tracks up here. Really just don't see a reason to own it.

I have been looking at prochrager since day one but damn they are proud of their stuff. My tunner up here is a dealer and really wants me to go that route so I will have to see what it's going to cost me from start to finish.

Originally I was going to see how nasty I could get going NA but with 6-7k sitting in my pocket I might step it up a notch LOL
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Been looking at a few kits and still need to do lots more reading and deciding the pros and cons.

Not sure if I will get another bike or not, maybe down the road but it wont be a street bike. Season is to short, I can't ride how I want to and there is no tracks up here. Really just don't see a reason to own it.

I have been looking at prochrager since day one but damn they are proud of their stuff. My tunner up here is a dealer and really wants me to go that route so I will have to see what it's going to cost me from start to finish.

Originally I was going to see how nasty I could get going NA but with 6-7k sitting in my pocket I might step it up a notch LOL
First things first: With the elevation changes in alaska and all the mountains and such, you don't want a turbo. The air is too thin and you won't make power at higher elevations!

As for the bike, thats really understandable. Even here in dc I would argue that the season for riding isn't long enough, but we get like 7 months+ lol

I LOVE procharger. The gains are insane and you don't have to take your whole engine apart to put it on. The kits for our truck are about 6k so if you can sell your bike for that then your right there! There are always good deals to be had on used ones though so keep your eyes peeled!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to disagree with your point on turbos with elevation. I live in SLC which is 4500+ feet of elevation. Boost is Boost. Yes the air at elevation sucks. Both methods of creating boost are still working with thin shitty air. Whether it is a procharger or turbo taking atmosphere and compressing it to 10 psi, it is still crap air compressed down. Now how it is compressed, and the way that is accomplished varies considerably. But that goes into the constant arguement of blower vs turbo. Pumping losses vs "free power". Complexity vs bolt on simplicity. Where the powerband comes in- low end grunt vs top end rush. So on and so on.

As an example i have many friends that take Terminator Cobras, remove the factory blower and slap on a turbo or two. Here, they seem to make more power easier with the turbo setup.

But to each his own.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And by the way, I love your plate!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Elevation isn't to much of an issue. My town is around 2-300 feet above sea level. Our track is under 200 I think. There are plenty of places I could go and be way up in the mountains but 99% of my driving will be under 500ft
Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
I have to disagree with your point on turbos with elevation. I live in SLC which is 4500+ feet of elevation. Boost is Boost. Yes the air at elevation sucks. Both methods of creating boost are still working with thin shitty air. Whether it is a procharger or turbo taking atmosphere and compressing it to 10 psi, it is still crap air compressed down. Now how it is compressed, and the way that is accomplished varies considerably. But that goes into the constant arguement of blower vs turbo. Pumping losses vs "free power". Complexity vs bolt on simplicity. Where the powerband comes in- low end grunt vs top end rush. So on and so on.

As an example i have many friends that take Terminator Cobras, remove the factory blower and slap on a turbo or two. Here, they seem to make more power easier with the turbo setup.

But to each his own.
I guess my info is a bit off, cuz what you say makes sense.

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
And by the way, I love your plate!
Thanks

Quick Reply: I dyno'd my truck today! 2011 6.2L