Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

I think my torque converter is toast.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stock.
Damn that sucks to hear about the stock converter going out so soon. Any reason on why you went with a 2600-2800 stall? Damn baller had to get the multi-disk too. LOL Anyways, how are you liking that LS9 cam so far? Big difference? Pull a little harder? Does it lope? Blowing you up with questions i know
I didn't have any one reason why I chose that stall speed, it was just a decision based on my own research, talking to people with them, talking to circle d, etc. I wanted something a little bit higher than stock, but didn't wanna go to high because this is my dd and I occasionally tow a wakeboard boat. So this just seemed to be the best choice based on all that.

I absolutely love the ls9 cam. I dont realy have a before and after comparison though cuz i added the cam, udp, and tune all at the same time. It really kicks in above 3000 and pulls like crazy above 4500. On cold starts you can hear a TINY bit of lope, but after it warms up it sounds like stock, especially with the cutout closed. I will get some vids from outside and inside the truck and post them up. Just been busy with work lately. Overall im very happy with it and it feels great for a 4 door truck. It surprised the hell out of me and and I'm sure will surprise a few cars on the street. (just for a point a reference, I used to have a Ws6 that ran 12.4 with just boltons, so I know what it feels like to drive a semi quick car. I'm not saying my truck is anywhere as fast as my ws6 was, but it definitely feels fast for a truck)
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
Pretty sure he said the tuner made sure it couldn't lock @ wot. Learn how to read.

OP, you won't be disappointed with Circle D.
quick scanning of what he posted. don't be a dick.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by drummer0415
I didn't have any one reason why I chose that stall speed, it was just a decision based on my own research, talking to people with them, talking to circle d, etc. I wanted something a little bit higher than stock, but didn't wanna go to high because this is my dd and I occasionally tow a wakeboard boat. So this just seemed to be the best choice based on all that.

I absolutely love the ls9 cam. I dont realy have a before and after comparison though cuz i added the cam, udp, and tune all at the same time. It really kicks in above 3000 and pulls like crazy above 4500. On cold starts you can hear a TINY bit of lope, but after it warms up it sounds like stock, especially with the cutout closed. I will get some vids from outside and inside the truck and post them up. Just been busy with work lately. Overall im very happy with it and it feels great for a 4 door truck. It surprised the hell out of me and and I'm sure will surprise a few cars on the street. (just for a point a reference, I used to have a Ws6 that ran 12.4 with just boltons, so I know what it feels like to drive a semi quick car. I'm not saying my truck is anywhere as fast as my ws6 was, but it definitely feels fast for a truck)
That's awsome man, can't wait to hear the news for when you install the Circle D TC!! Should be ordering mine here pretty soon too, and I'm most likely going with a low stall like yours as well but only a single disk because I also daily drive mine. I was just curious because I see a lot of people get higher stalls like 3500+. Do you plan on spraying?? Lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

That's awsome man, can't wait to hear the news for when you install the Circle D TC!! Should be ordering mine here pretty soon too, and I'm most likely going with a low stall like yours as well but only a single disk because I also daily drive mine. I was just curious because I see a lot of people get higher stalls like 3500+. Do you plan on spraying?? Lol.
I got the multidisk cuz it is recommended if you ever plan on towing, or adding big power like spray or a blower. I don't have any immediate plans for spray or a blower, but I can't say that I won't ever do one of those either. It was only a few hundred bucks more so I decided to just get the multidisk and never have to worry about it later.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by drummer0415
I got the multidisk cuz it is recommended if you ever plan on towing, or adding big power like spray or a blower. I don't have any immediate plans for spray or a blower, but I can't say that I won't ever do one of those either. It was only a few hundred bucks more so I decided to just get the multidisk and never have to worry about it later.
Guess i'll be running a multi disk too since I plan on spraying.

Man this forum is going to rob my wallet so bad being on here..
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Oh ****, its Tuesday! Did you put the stall in yet??????
Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

If you have a temp gauge, watch the trans temp. I've been through it....
Old 04-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
If you have a temp gauge, watch the trans temp. I've been through it....
^^^ He ordered the Tru-cool 40K, no that I know if it helps or not.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

^^^ He ordered the Tru-cool 40K, no that I know if it helps or not.
Every bit helps! I have an external cooler and a hand welded all aluminum radiator. The only prob I had was watching the Trans temp gauge hit 219. Skeerd the crap out of me.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Area47
quick scanning of what he posted. don't be a dick.
Lol