Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Lost Communication with Several Modules

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also I confirmed it was voltage drop like this:

Yesterday I dropped the tank and removed the fuel pumps, then did a wet test. None of the lines showed any leakage, and 2 brand spanking new 255 pumps aren't going to go bad just on a whim like that. I even pressured the system up to 90psi on a single pump. No issues. The fuel pressure was dropping due to low voltage.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any progress yet?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RacinRust
Any progress yet?
Definitely sure now that it's BCM. Probed the power relay to the BCM found that its doing it's job, but still throwing a U0100 at key on wake up, therefore the BCM isn't relaying communication to the High Speed modules such as ECM/TCM/TC module. Also at key forward it kills power to the serial data port, which (since its connected to the BCM) must have an internal short....
Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Probably a power dip or spike got it if that's the case. You really need a tech 2 to go any further to confirm 100%. Or if you have a salvage yard near you with a NNBS 07 model grab the bcm swap it and perform 30 minute security relearn and see if it'll start.

It will have to be programmed for all the options on your truck to make everything work right but it will start correctly straight out of another truck.

Even though the BCM's are the same between these trucks from year to year it has to be out of a 07 because they change the internal security codes from year to year.

If you have access to programming than any of the bcms will work with the only difference being uplevel or standard.

IF your's has power fold mirror's LTZ,SLT or texas edition packages with power fold it uses the uplevel
Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Probably a power dip or spike got it if that's the case. You really need a tech 2 to go any further to confirm 100%. Or if you have a salvage yard near you with a NNBS 07 model grab the bcm swap it and perform 30 minute security relearn and see if it'll start.

It will have to be programmed for all the options on your truck to make everything work right but it will start correctly straight out of another truck.

Even though the BCM's are the same between these trucks from year to year it has to be out of a 07 because they change the internal security codes from year to year.

If you have access to programming than any of the bcms will work with the only difference being uplevel or standard.

IF your's has power fold mirror's LTZ,SLT or texas edition packages with power fold it uses the uplevel
Awesome information thank you! Only thing that I need to know, how do you go about performing a 30 minute security relearn?

Oh yeah, the truck is an 07 LTZ 4X4. So an uplevel BCM out of a Texas Edition will work, or LTZ, etc.

What about a Denali pickup?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Denali or texas edition if and only if it has power fold. If it is the bcm and you can get it restarted you will have to get the bcm reflashed to your vin so all of the correct options in your truck will work.

Search 30 minute security learn and follow the steps verbatim
Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Denali or texas edition if and only if it has power fold. If it is the bcm and you can get it restarted you will have to get the bcm reflashed to your vin so all of the correct options in your truck will work.

Search 30 minute security learn and follow the steps verbatim
Couldn't find the necessary BCM. I'm trying to get one of my connections to come down and bring a Tech II and new BCM from Hobbs. *crossed fingers*
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

If it's a brand new one it has to be completely programmed so he will need a can di and access to TIS 2 web to flash it.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

If it's a brand new one it has to be completely programmed so he will need a can di and access to TIS 2 web to flash it.
Understood. We talked about that and from what I understand they might have tough book (laptop) version of the Tech II. I will have more info tomorrow. It'll be nice having a Tech II so I can diagnose any other problems the truck may have

Also I can get thin on the AC Delco site no problem.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Yes tech 2 functionality is available on their laptop. I use both depending on how much time I have usually I like using the tech 2 because you don't have to wait on puters to start up log in find wireless you get the pic. But it is the cats *** for programming cause I can do a dead one without having to push it up to our techline terminal.

Quick Reply: Lost Communication with Several Modules