Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Lost Communication with Several Modules

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Yes tech 2 functionality is available on their laptop. I use both depending on how much time I have usually I like using the tech 2 because you don't have to wait on puters to start up log in find wireless you get the pic. But it is the cats *** for programming cause I can do a dead one without having to push it up to our techline terminal.
I just can't swallow the price of a Tech II and the cost to get what I need off the website.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Stuff's expensive no doubt be we gotta spend the dough on tools to be able to work on all these PITA computer infested POS' that detroit keeps pumping out to keep the doors open.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Stuff's expensive no doubt be we gotta spend the dough on tools to be able to work on all these PITA computer infested POS' that detroit keeps pumping out to keep the doors open.
That's what I'm saying! Last night a friend told me "just put a distributor on that bitch and cut a hole in the dash so you can put Autometer gauges in it. Problem solved."

Sometimes I consider doing that lol.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost Silverado
"just put a distributor on that bitch and cut a hole in the dash so you can put Autometer gauges in it. Problem solved."
Old 05-17-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

alas they removed our beloved distributor holes in a attempt to thwart us from converting to simpler less clean air friendly methods. damm asshats.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awe Christ I ******* give up. This piece of **** is indeed a piece of ****. I'm going to add a tag of **** to this thread.

So apparently the GM tech that showed up last night had an MDI that wouldn't talk to the computer, then when he corrected that issue it wouldn't talk to the truck.

We went over every single connection, and every single ground. As soon as you turn the key to "ON" every High Speed GMLAN module loses power, but with the key on ACC the ECM, TCM, BCM, and ABS module all have power.

Maybe you were right 01WS6, maybe it is in the UBEC and I am just an idiot. The GM tech kept telling me "Wiring or fuse block." So I went through the wiring. No issues. Fuse block? Fried circuit pathway? Or ignition switch just take a poop? All of this was just random, and whatever happened hasn't corrected itself with the jiggling of wires that's for damn sure.

I'm so sick of this ******* truck. All it's been is a nightmare. So now I guess it's time to order a UBEC like I was originally instructed to do.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I'm not pleased to report that a brand new Underhood Fuse Block didn't fix the issue :/ Although it does look very pretty when you take off the cover. :3

I'm so effing confused now though. Not sure what I need to do. I think the problem lies somewhere in some wire, just have no idea how to pinpoint which one.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Absolutely sucks, man. Good luck ....
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NKPPhil
Absolutely sucks, man. Good luck ....
Thanks man. I'm trying hard.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Can you get into the bcm or any important modules like the ecm or tdm theft deterrent module to pull any code that could give us a direction.

Quick Reply: Lost Communication with Several Modules