62.07%
NO!
37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

My new DD!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alot of party poopers in this thread! Maybe some of these guys have alot more self control, but I couldnt keep my hands off anything I own, stock is just to damn boring no matter what it is, being unique is fun too. Nothing wrong with modding a dd at all, just dont cut corners, take your time and do it right!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice but there is WAY too much chrome!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That thing rolls out for being stock with a tune !!!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CodyG
The tune is the only warranty voiding mod I plan on doing, nothing else no major mods like C/H/I or boost. Just a simple tune, so let that reflect on your vote. Thanks for the input!
I'm a GM tech, after much thought i have found a sneaky way to get around the warranty issue, its worked for my friends out here once or twice .... buy a new ecm right of the bat, they don't cost that much for the new bodies, have it programed to your truck, they don't need to know why by the way! Tune that ecm as much as you want and then if you need any warranty work re-install the original which will only have one GM flash in it..
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Just to clear some tune questions up here, GM CAN see all your non OE flashes, don't think they can't lol, i have to send a log of all flashes in to GM PQC when ever a hard part has to be replaced (I.E. engine block, trans case, etc...) , they only need this info for a major part, i can rebuild a complete engine with new pistons, crank, bearings etc. but as long as i don't ask for an engine block, or complete engine assy they don't ask for any numbers... . The snap shot i have to give them tells them exactly how many times that pcm has been flashed, the GM SI login also keeps track of what OE flashes have been done through a tech PC at a dealer ship using GM's Service Programing or SPS. Best way to do it is as i've stated above, like someone said above mine though i think it has a lot to do with the dealer itself! Some dealers will do what it takes to get that warranty money from GM!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

And as stated above the global a vehicles are much easier since they store the last 10 flashes on any module in the vehicle but on the earlier models if you load the stock tune back in the calibration number will be correct but the verification number (or CVN) will be wrong, i have personally tested all of this with a tech II on my 07 classic and an 08 vette i had to get a motor for lol
Old 06-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Man Motor club

Pics for verification? We have gone over this with GM techs before, and I would have to see proof to believe it.

No offense.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

I am a GM tech and i do have to send pics to PQC..... No pics = no repairs period! I do nothing but heavy line and driveability so i have to deal with this all the time!
What i'm saying here is that i have tried to squeeze a few of my buddies cars past GM for engine replacements, even with the "complete OE tune" put back in they were able to tell that it had been flashed several times and that the CVN verification number did not match the CVN it should have had for that calibration when it was flashed...
Old 06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Man Motor club

The CVN is an alterable field, is it not? I have a source to acquire the original CVN for GM vehicles to ensure that it is as it came from the factory.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 AM
Launching!

Kooks 1 7/8 w/ ORY and LS9 cam coming this month!