Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

NNBS battery/electrical problem??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this happen on my 07 as well. It will happen often for a week or so and then it will go for a month with no problem. One time after I jiggled the battery cable and the truck started up but even since then the power locks on all the doors (crew cab) besides the drivers won't unlock only lock. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing the fuses appear to be fine.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Man after fighting all of the POS electronic gremlins everyday it makes me want to get rid of my new truck and go back to a 95-98 extended cab step side they lasted forever started every time and had just enough electronics to make them convenient.

If it didn't crank you knew it was because the damm double battery terminal worked it's way loose. Not because a computer farted the other computer didn't like that it farted and then decided to not let you start the truck.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot about this post :o

I replaced the battery, checked the cables to fuse on the back wall, checked the ground for good termination, no signs of corrosion anywhere. Sprayed Corrosion X on terminals and connections and havent had a problem since. Week later put the old battery on charge and topped it off, Its would read a solid ~13v, then if you moved the battery it would drop to ~8v and stay there, move the battery again back to ~13v.... Im guessing however the cells in the battery are connected was failing???

Well over a month and no problems when it was happening once or twice a week before. Who knows....

I will agree with above statement about wanting to get rid of my new truck the more I drive it. Just liked my 01 better, wayyyy too much plastic inside this truck , feels cheaply built.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the same problem with my 07 subruban if it sits for 2 days the battery is dead, had it in service 7 times never fixed the problem
Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Brought back from the dead........

I bought an '08 Certified used about a month ago and noticed that the voltage gauge would fluctuate while steady driving. The radio would occassionally reset. I messed with tightening and adjusting the battery terminals and the problem still existed. I did not take this back to the dealer b/c I didn't want the terminals replaced with the same factory garbage. This cannot be good for the trucks sensitive electrical system so today I installed new (different style) battery terminals and so far voltage is rock solid. I imagine the crappy factory terminals cause some of the electrical gremlins that plague the NNBS. I'm thinking of sending an email to GM Corporate about this issue. I'm sure it's costing GM some happy customers.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Had my 07 do that to me once. It was last winter, probably had about 80K miles on it and was still the original battery. Tried to start it, no go. Had to jump start it, figuring a new battery was needed. Took it to a shop I've used for years for batteries, had them test it and it started up fine, tested out perfectly. I ran that battery for literally another year, and about 25K miles before it crapped out on me, never did it again.