Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Onstar

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drperry
Probably a resale value thing for them if they can "prove" that the vehicle was driven nicely when it's traded in, just like having all the maintenance records.

A customer I drove home at one of my old jobs... GMT800 diesel, he had onstar call him and tell him if he continues driving at excessive speeds his warranty will be voided.... But every time he was on he highway, he drove foot to the floor and maxed it out. He's the only person I've actually talked to that's had it happen.

If onstar warns me about something I'll attempt to record it... I doubt it, though because my warranty is almost up... Well, technically already voided... BB Tuned
That's just interesting. I would tell onstar to pound sand if they called me while driving and told me that.

Curious if anyone else has ever heard of or experienced this. I know there is plenty of us with tuned NNBS trucks that have buried the needle plenty of times.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
That's just interesting. I would tell onstar to pound sand if they called me while driving and told me that.

Curious if anyone else has ever heard of or experienced this. I know there is plenty of us with tuned NNBS trucks that have buried the needle plenty of times.

That's about what he did... Only much more colorful
Old 09-29-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Hate to say it but if some ******* steals mine they can keep it. I wouldn't want it back and it's what I pay insurance for. Who knows what the hell they do it from time it's stolen until it's found. My grandparents had a brand new 93 suburban that was stolen and recovered it had damm near been completely stripped interior wise. Insurance company put it back together with salvage parts and it never was the same again. It was also a choo choo customs conversion suburban.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
Hate to say it but if some ******* steals mine they can keep it. I wouldn't want it back and it's what I pay insurance for. Who knows what the hell they do it from time it's stolen until it's found. My grandparents had a brand new 93 suburban that was stolen and recovered it had damm near been completely stripped interior wise. Insurance company put it back together with salvage parts and it never was the same again. It was also a choo choo customs conversion suburban.
I agree. If it's stolen they better not find it!
also laws have changed if its under 2yrs old it has to be replaced with oem parts.

I'd make out like a bandit from insurance.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus if it was stolen here it would be in Mexico before I knew it was gone. They'd probably send it back through the desert full of drugs. I certainly don't want it back; I've got loan payoff on my truck. If somebody jacks my ride, I'll probably pick up an 800 and a Vette.