Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Pics:Max ported l92 compared to stock and 370 cfm TEA l92's

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics:Max ported l92 compared to stock and 370 cfm TEA l92's

1st up,the TEA l92's.I also had TEA replace the stock 2 piece l92 valve with the 1 piece hollow stem ls3 valve,exhaust valves on both engines are the same.It has the platinum dual springs and ti retainers.I also had the heads milled from the stock 69.x to 68cc.

Flow #'s are:

intake exhaust
.100 74.4 58.7
.200 153.6 124.2
.300 228.0 177.1
.400 290.2 214.9
.500 332.6 246.9
.550 346.0 257.8
.600 353.8 265.4
.650 362.1 270.1
.700 370.9 274.7

And thats on a small bore(4.030")

Next up is the ported l92 truck intake.A TON of work has gone into this intake and I beleive it will be VERY hard if not impossible for FAST to design a manifold that could flow this well.The top of the intake is cut off and all the inner restrictions are opened up leaving a very nice open plenum that will work great NA,even better with some type of forced induction.I am including compaison pics with the upper ported plenum compared to the stocker.Cory@LS2Portworks did the work and its awesome!!The pics do not do it any justice,everything is equal and finsihed,def no hogging out either!Pics:

STOCK UPPER PLENUM

PORTED PLENUM

INTAKE PICS

90mm TB ported by pirate 3,cannot beat his price on porting!!With Dr X adapter harness

These heads and intake will be going on a 9.3-4:1 408 with a 224/236 camshaft with around .600 lift.This is all going in my 2005 Escalade EXT with all the other good stuff like built 4l65 from Lonnie Diers@Extreme Automatics,2600 circle d stall,60# injectors(or bigger if I can find the stubby ones),and a custom dyno tune by Henson Performance.I just want good driveability and hp.I figure with 9.3-4:1 comp it will handle a good nitrous shot if it isnt fast enough or a supercharger....I see to many people thinking they will always stay NA so they get a high compression engine then get the forced induction itch and have to sell or rebuild.If it makes 425hp to all 4 wheels,ill be happy

Id like to thank member jakeshoe for the smokin deal on the heads and intake,Pat G for the cam specs,Cory@LS2portworks for the great intake,and Lonnie at Extreme for builing me one hell of a 4l65!And thanks to LS1 tech!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's some damn impressive equipment you have there, man! That thing should be an absolute beast!
With that compression, that thing is begging for a supercharger or turbo. If you decide to go to a whipple or Magnacharger, I would gladly buy that manifold from you!
BTW: Is Cory@LS2 Portworks still in business? I saw pics of one of his L92 manifolds on the web and tried to get him but couldn't. I would really like to get one of those manifolds for my rig. What did it cost for him to do all that work?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

does he seperate the intake to cut that out?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow, that some bad *** shitt there. really high flow numbers
Old 12-04-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

BTW: With those kind of high lift flow #'s I would use a cam with at least .650ish lift, to really make use of those heads.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW... That thing is awesome.. Definately sign me up for getting ahold of this guy.. Email address??

Amazing..

Idea on what that cost?
Old 12-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CI DENALI
That's some damn impressive equipment you have there, man! That thing should be an absolute beast!
With that compression, that thing is begging for a supercharger or turbo. If you decide to go to a whipple or Magnacharger, I would gladly buy that manifold from you!
BTW: Is Cory@LS2 Portworks still in business? I saw pics of one of his L92 manifolds on the web and tried to get him but couldn't. I would really like to get one of those manifolds for my rig. What did it cost for him to do all that work?
Thanks Sammy!After seeing your runs on video at Breakers,you inspired me I know where to get the heads and intake CHEAP so you wont have downtime if you decide to go all out on yours.I am going semi small on the cam selection as ill be giving this to my fiance to drive,the little Irish girl from Cayman.One good thing from that whole mess we went thru was meeting her!lol You met her a time or 2 I think Sammy.Somone who hates the English as much as the Irish cant be all bad

Cory is still in business,phone is probably the best way to reach him.You will have to speak with him on pricing.

And yes he does cut the intake apart to port the inside,it is the only way it can be done correctly.I have seen other board sponsors ported intakes and they are not cut apart like Corys and they charge about the same.All ported intakes are not created equal!!!

Trending Topics

Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by broke1
Thanks Sammy!After seeing your runs on video at Breakers,you inspired me I know where to get the heads and intake CHEAP so you wont have downtime if you decide to go all out on yours.I am going semi small on the cam selection as ill be giving this to my fiance to drive,the little Irish girl from Cayman.One good thing from that whole mess we went thru was meeting her!lol You met her a time or 2 I think Sammy.Somone who hates the English as much as the Irish cant be all bad

Cory is still in business,phone is probably the best way to reach him.You will have to speak with him on pricing.

And yes he does cut the intake apart to port the inside,it is the only way it can be done correctly.I have seen other board sponsors ported intakes and they are not cut apart like Corys and they charge about the same.All ported intakes are not created equal!!!
Cool, Thanks Bro. I only realized after I posted the second time that it was you, Drew. How the hell are you doing man? I'm happy for you Bro, When are you coming back down here for a visit? We definitely need to link up.
I'm still trying to dial the truck in, up until yesterday we were tuning at Breakers. It's running consistent 8.7x @82+MPH off the spray, but I know there's more in it and I'm gonna spray it into the 7's this coming weekend.
BTW: I even had Roy helping me with the Cam install the other day and we've been doing some work on his Camaro so he can run it at the next event.
I will try to get in touch with Cory. Thanks for the heads-up on the intake, man. From the flow tests I've seen, that and the MAF are the two bottlenecks on the intake tract in these L92 trucks.
Let us know how that beast runs.
Later Bro.