Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Pulled The Trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
At a complete stop mash on the breaks and then ease on the gas and see how high the rpms go until your trucks starts moving or spinning tires.

Is it directly related to the stall? 2800 will try to move at 2800 rpm's? Or is there an rpm that the stock converter tries to go at, and we check if it goes higher than that?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
At a complete stop mash on the breaks and then ease on the gas and see how high the rpms go until your trucks starts moving or spinning tires.
Originally Posted by ig109
Yeah, what he said

This method got me to 1800 RPMs before my truck wanted to go forward pretty good.

Any ideas?

Oh, and I also measured my fender lip. It measures 36.5 in the rear and 36.75 in the front. Is this a 2/4 drop or just leveled?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Found my answer

For those of you following, I got up with 21st Century Motorsports. Here is what he sent me:

"Hi Steve,

The motor is stock, the transmission was built by Circle D in Houston .
The tune is basically stock but has a transmission tune from Circle D

The internals on motor is stock

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars"

I would guess Circle D wouldn't throw in a trans without a stall though, huh?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know... I would ask Circle D
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Already sent the PM LOL.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Teching In

If it's pulling on you at 1800 it probably has a stock stall. Most aftermarket converters will start mid 2k's if not higher. On the TBSS's, it's usually 2800-3600 depending on what you get.

As for AWD dyno's, T1 in Rowlett has one, as well as Kan Tuning in Lewisville. Kan usually does imports, but was running a GM special a while back. There are a TON of good tuners locally, so do your research and meet a few.

You don't have to get a dyno tune, either. A street tune could prove more practical in the long run... or a dyno tune to get it squared away and then street tune for fine tuning.

ADM performance, Kan Tuning, & HPP are all in Lewisville
LG/GSS are in Wylie
True Street is in McKinney, IIRC.

You could also do a mail order tune like PCM4less, but you won't have the local convenience.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is what I got from Circle D Specialties about the stall.

"I assume that is the 6 speed transmission. It looks like I built them a 265mm 10.5" multi disk. It will be a fairly tight stall, probably about a 2500 flash RPM. You need to contact Circle D Trans for that info. A phone call works well for them -713-895-7019.

Chris "

It has a stall, probably I was doing the test wrong. They have invoices on my truck, and he only took the engine and brakes.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gspfunk
If it's pulling on you at 1800 it probably has a stock stall. Most aftermarket converters will start mid 2k's if not higher. On the TBSS's, it's usually 2800-3600 depending on what you get.

As for AWD dyno's, T1 in Rowlett has one, as well as Kan Tuning in Lewisville. Kan usually does imports, but was running a GM special a while back. There are a TON of good tuners locally, so do your research and meet a few.

You don't have to get a dyno tune, either. A street tune could prove more practical in the long run... or a dyno tune to get it squared away and then street tune for fine tuning.

ADM performance, Kan Tuning, & HPP are all in Lewisville
LG/GSS are in Wylie
True Street is in McKinney, IIRC.

You could also do a mail order tune like PCM4less, but you won't have the local convenience.
Thanks for the info. I am probably going with Black Bear for a mail order; Plenty of happy customers...

To the others wondering if I ever got my lower grille... I did. The dealership said they knew nothing about it, but bought it for me with little to no debate. I will go to Home Depot to grab some liquid nails to put on the inside of it, so it goes nowhere!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gnasty1521
To the others wondering if I ever got my lower grille... I did. The dealership said they knew nothing about it, but bought it for me with little to no debate. I will go to Home Depot to grab some liquid nails to put on the inside of it, so it goes nowhere!
Are you planning to update your sig pic?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Of course! I did a little test fit thing, and it sets the front of the truck off. I am grabbing the Liquid Nails today, and will put it on then take pictures.

Quick Reply: Pulled The Trigger...