Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Purchased This Ram-Air Hood and Need a CAI to Make it Functional, Help-Suggestions ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased This Ram-Air Hood and Need a CAI to Make it Functional, Help-Suggestions ?

Purchased this ram-air hood from RK Sport and need to find an airbox that will seve as a good starting point to make it functional. I purchased the hood because I like the looks but if I can make it functional that would be the icing on the cake. I leave my truck and hood at body shop for test fit Tuesday, reinstall stock hood and will return after they have new hood painted and ready to install. Last night I came across a CAI from S&B and looks like I may be able to fab a new lid and put a gasket on it to seal against hood. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Purchased This Ram-Air Hood and Need a CAI to Make it Functional, Help-Suggestions ?-29013000_1.jpg   Purchased This Ram-Air Hood and Need a CAI to Make it Functional, Help-Suggestions ?-29013000_2.jpg   Purchased This Ram-Air Hood and Need a CAI to Make it Functional, Help-Suggestions ?-29014000_3.jpg   Purchased This Ram-Air Hood and Need a CAI to Make it Functional, Help-Suggestions ?-31c2jwfs-al__ss500_.jpg  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

I have this hood, but for some reason my IAT's are still pretty bad, and im talking pre supercharger IAT's.

Also the finish was pretty bad, I dont know if im to blame the hood manufacturer or whoever painted the hood, but im getting it repainted anyways.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

with that scoop sitting so far back on the hood, i don'y know if you'll be getting very much air into it.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ayousef
I have this hood, but for some reason my IAT's are still pretty bad, and im talking pre supercharger IAT's.

Also the finish was pretty bad, I dont know if im to blame the hood manufacturer or whoever painted the hood, but im getting it repainted anyways.
Did you fab a custom CAI or is there something out there that works with the hood already? The finish on the hood I received was not great either so additional prep will be required before install.

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
with that scoop sitting so far back on the hood, i don'y know if you'll be getting very much air into it.
I like the similarity to the HD hood and the OEM-like lines, a functional scoop would merely be a bonus if it could be used for a cool air intake. I see your point about it being positioned too far back to be a pressurised inlet. I think a high-rise lid could be fabbed to fit the S&B or Volant with weatherstrip gasket to seal, don't know yet but I'm open to ideas if anyone cares to suggest