Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Rcsb need drop advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rcsb need drop advice...

So i got my 2007 nnbs rcsb and i love the darn truck have a few power adders now and a baby bottle feeding her but i want more drop.

Currently the rear has 2" shackles with block removed, clamped leafs, shock extenders.

Front has 2" coil relocators...

I want about 2 more inches out back and up front. Any ideas what i should do for best ride, cost effectiveness, and without replacing parts i already have...

Pics posted soon!
Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the front, I believe you'll be limited to spindles since you already have the coil relocators. For the back, if it were me, I would put the stock shackle in, and flip the rear. That would be 7", but if you add the hanger that would be 6". Sell the shackles and stock blocks if you want to recoup some cash.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

So what brand spindles will fit with my stock 17's? What are best?

And for the rear if get just a flip kit i can use stock shackle and get 7" with just a flip? What shocks should i get if i do rear flip?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use Belltech spindles, I believe they rate them to work on a 17", but I don't know how. I had to trim the lower stud nearly to the nut, and was barely able to get my 18" winter Denali wheels to clear.

Belltech is the only spindle I have experience with so I can't comment on the others, I have read positive reviews about the McGaughy or however it is spelled spindles.

Yes, flip in the back, no block, stock shackle and hanger is a 7" drop. I use Belltech again for the shocks, their street performance series, and I am happy with them. These shocks don't require shock extenders, some do.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Will i be able to do the flip kit alone with basic tools? And ya i heard alot of bad things about having to shave spindles...

What spindles dont require shaving for stock 17" (directed toward everyone else)
Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, flip kit is easy. I did it on a lift at my brother's work.

- Support the axle
- Unbolt the u-bolts
- Drop the axle
- Unbolt the rear of the leaf spring
- I then slightly rotated the axle and maneuvered one leaf pack around the axle, turned the axle the other way and got it around the axle.
- Bolt it right back up, using the provided perch.

It wouldn't be as easy without a lift, but it is basic hand tools. Sockets and wrenches. Air certainly helps.

To clarify, the cutting I did was on the lower stud that the lower spindle nut threads on to. No shaving or anything to the spindle itself. I took a cut off wheel and cut a few of the threads off, test fit the wheel. It didn't fit so I cut a few more threads, etc. I ended up cutting it nearly to the bottom of the spindle nut. There is maybe 1 or 2 threads protruding from the bottom of the spindle nut.

Look at the picture on this page, the stud I am referring to is at the very bottom of the picture, in the center. This is the best pic I could find in a quick search.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...2/#post4196118
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Does any cutting, drilling need to be done with flip kit? What brand flip kit did you use?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No drilling, no cutting. The flip kit is cake, very easy. Time consuming, but nothing difficult at all.

My entire kit is Belltech. Spindles, Struts, Flip Kit, Street Performance shocks. I originally had their shackles with the block pulled before I put the full lowering kit on. Next year I will drop down to a 6/9 drop, reusing the shackle with the flip kit, and replacing the struts with control arms.

Quick Reply: Rcsb need drop advice...