Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

service tpms light on.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question service tpms light on.

I took off my winter wheels and tires and put on my summer wheels and tires,and now i got the service tpms light on. Do i need to go to the dealership or can i do it at home.( to turn it off)?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have the sensors on the summer wheels then you can do it yourseft, just check the owners manual for instructions
Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the 2010 Silverado's owners' manual:

The TPMS sensor matching process is:
  1. Set the parking brake.
  2. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN withthe engine off.
  3. Press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter's LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time for approximately five seconds. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on the DIC screen. If the vehicle does not have RKE, press the DriverInformation Center (DIC) vehicle information button until the PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on the DIC screen. If the vehicle does not have RKE or DIC buttons, press the trip odometer reset stem located on the instrument panel cluster until the PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message displays on the DIC screen.
  4. Start with the driver side front tire.
  5. Place the relearn tool against the tire sidewall, near the valve stem. Then press the button to activate the TPMS sensor. A horn chirp confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.
  6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
  7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
  8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5. The horn sounds two times to indicate the sensor identification code has been matched to the driver side rear tire, and the TPMS sensor matching process is no longer active. The TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message on the DIC display screen goes off.
  9. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
  10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

I found my owners manual and did it three times and the light is still on.so im wondering if the sensors are activated only by the tire sensor tool.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Yup! The tech2 is the only way to activate them.I went to dealership and was told the inflate or deflate method only works on pre-nnbs style trucks.