Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Street Scene Roll Pan Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Street Scene Roll Pan Question

Any one out there that has the Street Scene Urethane Roll Pan? If so can you please tell me how you got the 2 ends to stay put? I tried the sticky promoter plus the 3m tape and it works until it rains..lol Here is a pic of what i used that has worked for a few months but after a while when it get wet or dirty it looses its stick.

Please give me some ideas on some adhesives or whatever has worked for you. Thanks!

I also have a rivet on the lower side to give it some support but still fails...
Old 01-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem. I called street scene they basically told me tough shiz you painted it.. I didnt think it would be that hard either however mine starts to come loose the more it sets. I have thought about getting some of this stuff and hoping for the best.

Stronger than rivets ...
[youtube]7OtrDvDvF5I[/youtube]
Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got pissed off,pulled mine off & color matched my bumper!! LOL
Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What two ends are you guys talking about?I just installed how the instructions said and haven't had a problem for 2 years.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

urethane roll pan is the problem
Old 02-06-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Clean it good an 3m exterior tape 3 yrs now
Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssierra08
Clean it good an 3m exterior tape 3 yrs now

Is your roll pan still holding on to the painted surface with the 3m tape? I have the Street Scene roll pan laying in my garage and have not started towards the install on my 2011. There is an article in this month's issue of Truckin, that covers the install. They say to rough the edges where the tape goes to promote holding. If all fails and you want the piece to stay stuck, use a urethane windshield sealer, that comes in a tube for a caulking gun. That stuff will hold just about anything once it sets up in a 24 hour period. It dries to a condition that it is not sticky. I used it to put on some ground effects on a truck quite a few years ago (1996) and they are still there.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by piecesparts
Is your roll pan still holding on to the painted surface with the 3m tape? I have the Street Scene roll pan laying in my garage and have not started towards the install on my 2011. There is an article in this month's issue of Truckin, that covers the install. They say to rough the edges where the tape goes to promote holding. If all fails and you want the piece to stay stuck, use a urethane windshield sealer, that comes in a tube for a caulking gun. That stuff will hold just about anything once it sets up in a 24 hour period. It dries to a condition that it is not sticky. I used it to put on some ground effects on a truck quite a few years ago (1996) and they are still there.
I just installed mine on an 09 Sierra last week. I used urethane glass adhesive from a buddy that owns a glass shop on mine, and left it taped up for 2 days. It seems to have held fine for the very short time being, but if it can make a windshield have to be cut out, I think it will hold up for a while...
Old 01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First issue is that it is a plastic pan.. 5 out of a 1000 actually fit right.. You can mount the pan to the back of the truck, then drill 2 small holes on each side, fasten it with some stainless washers, bolts.. That will hold it in place for sure.. Just have to take your time and do it rite.. Use washers to put in between the the 2 so that it stays spaced evenly on each side, will allow you to pull it snug..
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll give it to Street Scene, they made a pretty good piece. It lined up very good on mine right out the box. I was actually very surprised and wouldnt be worried about doing another one if I had to.

Quick Reply: Street Scene Roll Pan Question