Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms

This may have already been stated or asked; but I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I just put some new denali 22's on my truck this past summer with new tires and bought some "orange electronics" tire pressure sensors.

Well I hop in my truck after work today and my service tire light is on. So I go to my garage and check all my tires air pressures. They all appear to be fine. So I attempt to relearn the sensors and the first three wheels go smooth. I chase the lights on the truck and let the air out of that particular tire until I hear the horn and move onto the next one. I get to the last one which is the driver side rear and release air and I get no horn. So I went through the process again just to double check myself and I still got the same results.

So my question is do these sensors typically die that soon? I mean they cant even be 6 months old. Could it be the cold temps? Last night we were in the single digits and I'd be surprised if we got over 20-25 degrees during the day. Or should I have got raped in the beginning and spent a lot of coin on the GM sensors? What could be my problem here? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

OE sensors are the only way to go. Aftermarket are junk replace it and you'll be good to go.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could just be interference preventing the signal getting through. I've never been able to complete the programming when swapping winter for summer rims/tires, all with OEM sensors. Luckily buddy works at dealership so he just uses the gm programming tool, you can buy a tool at tirerack.com, or maybe try moving the truck to a different place to do it etc (with the obvious warning about letting a bunch of air out when you aren't near a compressor..LOL)
Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
OE sensors are the only way to go. Aftermarket are junk replace it and you'll be good to go.

Originally Posted by niugnep
It could just be interference preventing the signal getting through. I've never been able to complete the programming when swapping winter for summer rims/tires, all with OEM sensors. Luckily buddy works at dealership so he just uses the gm programming tool, you can buy a tool at tirerack.com, or maybe try moving the truck to a different place to do it etc (with the obvious warning about letting a bunch of air out when you aren't near a compressor..LOL)
Thanks guys. Maybe ill swing by the stealership after trying a few more times and if it is indeed no good Ill buy some OE ones.