Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

what 1/4 time yall hit with only boltons????

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 02:23 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08Chevy
Headers, cold air intake, tune can be considered bolt on cause it doesn't require major work for it to be put on.

Not really. Super charger requires a few differnt things to be changed before it can work properally.

Bolt on is something that is easily added to the truck and doesn't take major modification and or tuning or going into the motor to be useful.

No. It takes major modification for everything you listed to work. Nitrous requires a tune and you have to tap into the injectors or intake. heads are tearing apart the block of the motor. :nunchuk1:

Don't play dumb guys, dude asked a question and ya'll come in here to **** around. Reason why threads like this get fucked up and cleaned up later on like the damn weight reduction thread.
Magnacharger kit is about as bolton as you can get.
Your first answer allows tune as a bolton and your second takes it away. Which is it? If tuning isn't accepted as a bolton then nobody has one!

Watch your language please

OK, what i'm saying is there's no such thing as bolton....gimmee a break. It's a stupid term, that's why these threads get jacked.

When a clearly defined and ACCEPTED list of what is and isn't considered a BOLTON you may get a better response.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Your first answer allows tune as a bolton and your second takes it away. Which is it? If tuning isn't accepted as a bolton then nobody has one!

OK, what i'm saying is there's no such thing as bolton....gimmee a break. It's a stupid term, that's why these threads get jacked.

When a clearly defined and ACCEPTED list of what is and isn't considered a BOLTON you may get a better response.
Come on man you know what a bolt on truck is and yes we all know you can bolt on a supercharger hell i can bolt a LS9 right in between my frame rails and it be bolt on but we all know what bolt ons are easy, cheap, any person with a tad bit mech knowledge can do in a garage with a hand full of tools. Bolt on lite mods Supercharger is changing a motor form non aspirated to aspirated thats a big jump from stock.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:52 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Chevy
No. It takes major modification for everything you listed to work. Nitrous requires a tune and you have to tap into the injectors or intake. heads are tearing apart the block of the motor. :nunchuk1:

Don't play dumb guys, dude asked a question and ya'll come in here to **** around. Reason why threads like this get fucked up and cleaned up later on like the damn weight reduction thread.
a full bolt on truck by your definition needs custom tuning. i unbolt my heads, and bolt on a new set of heads just like you unbolt the collectors and bolt on long tubes. nitrous is NOT extensive to install. hell, it installs faster and easier than headers. only tuning necessary is a reduction of timing. AND a stock tuned truck with nitrous can safely run a 150 shot sooooo it doesnt require tuning.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 98sivlerbullet
Supercharger is changing a motor form non aspirated to aspirated thats a big jump from stock.
wow, ive never heard of a non asperated engine LMAO. so instead of saying "my truck has a turbo" we can say "my truck is asperated!" HAHAHA Just bustin *****
Old 01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

14.6, 08 RCSB 2wd 3.42's. Circle D 3k stall and a Nelson tune.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trever1t

LOL at watch my language like we are little children.

Ok, then tune isn't used as a bolt on. Either way, you can still use the term bolt on for other things.

MY opinion of a bolt on is something that can be added to the truck that doens't need major adjustment for. I can add a cold air intake and truck still run normal. I can put long tubes and the truck still run fine other than the o2 sensors. Bet you can't put a cam in a truck, WITHOUT a tune and other crap and it run as good as stock. So its not considered a bolt on. I don't consider nitrious a bolt on cause you still have to tap into your intake and run wires and stuff.

The term bolt on is just used for easier things that can put on a truck to add performance/help the truck gain mpg or what ever you need it to do.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
a full bolt on truck by your definition needs custom tuning. i unbolt my heads, and bolt on a new set of heads just like you unbolt the collectors and bolt on long tubes. nitrous is NOT extensive to install. hell, it installs faster and easier than headers. only tuning necessary is a reduction of timing. AND a stock tuned truck with nitrous can safely run a 150 shot sooooo it doesnt require tuning.
You need heads for what reason? Better flow cause you changed out your cam correct? There would be no need for a stock "bolt on" truck to change out the heads.

And you comment on nitrious, it still takes more than just slapping a bottle in your truck to make it work. Gotta do all that plumbing and stuff to make it work.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Not to Pick sides but have to go with chevy08 on this one we all know what someone is talking about when they say bolt ons to me they would be headers intake exhaust pulleys and of coarse a tune. Now that goes against what Trevor is saying but if u have those bolt on parts a tune is a gimmie... Now heads and stuff like that your going into the engine already so I wouldn't consider those as bolt ons. And yeah "bolt ons" isnt a correct term to use cuz really everything gets bolted on but everyone or at least 90% of people have a basic understanding of what bolt ons mean. Come on guys we are kinda jacking this guys thread let's just stay on topic
Old 01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

I went 15.2@92 on motor and 13.9@99 with a 60shot
Old 01-14-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice time guys keep them coming

Quick Reply: what 1/4 time yall hit with only boltons????