Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

who has their TM turned off on their trucks? Question on my tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you get a video of the tach, while running it through a few gears?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I can, anything you or I should look for or at?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Jedi Master

My truck has felt better with TM still there. I only remove 50%.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
Ya I can, anything you or I should look for or at?
I wanted to see/hear how crisp/quick the shifts are.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

I gotcha. Well the tach looks good, it's the feel of it and the sound of the exhaust that makes it annoying. Il take a vid today n see how it turns out
Old 05-13-2012, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Ever since I opened my exhaust up I can hear every shift loudly through my exhaust. must be due to no TM on the ECM. You can't turn off TM on the Trans on the 6L80's according to Blackbear. I don't know if I like having it off though. I don't think my tranny will last long the way I drive it lol. If only I could figure out how to tune myself...
Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

I know what u mean. I may have him at least lower my line pressure. At WOT that Trans really bangs into gear lol.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by forklord
Ever since I opened my exhaust up I can hear every shift loudly through my exhaust. must be due to no TM on the ECM. You can't turn off TM on the Trans on the 6L80's according to Blackbear. I don't know if I like having it off though. I don't think my tranny will last long the way I drive it lol. If only I could figure out how to tune myself...
I'm in the same position as of right now. I ordered a tune from Nelson and because the TCM is in the the pan on the 6 speed, I couldn't get the TCM tuned. I now have HP Tuner and they are working with me on getting my trans tuned now by emailing files back and forth. The trans can be tuned, just not by mail. I'll see how it turns out.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
I gotcha. Well the tach looks good, it's the feel of it and the sound of the exhaust that makes it annoying. Il take a vid today n see how it turns out
Originally Posted by forklord
This may explain what is going on. If you're getting a PCM in the mail from BB, then you still have stock TM in the TCM. No wonder your shifts feel like crap. And yes, when you pull significant timing during the shift, the exhaust note changes.

My advice...go to a local tuner who can also tune the TCM. If will feel like a whole new truck.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Well I had a road tune from BB and he tried a few different things n made it better but doesn't feel like a good 'ol 4 speed bangin gears. Hes able to tune it with EFI live but he said the new Trans use clutches to shift more vs servos like the older ones so there's something's you just can't adjust. Don't know if that's smoke up my *** or not but I don't think he would want unhappy customers making me believe it's true.

Quick Reply: who has their TM turned off on their trucks? Question on my tune