Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Whos picky like me if so if i put long tube headers on does it sound tinny in cab?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whos picky like me if so if i put long tube headers on does it sound tinny in cab?

I wana to put long tube headers on my truck 07 max.my winter project is to get the calspeed headers i guess there making the 1 7/8 lt and than put maybe a 3 1/2 exhaust off a 6.2 truck.has anyone done this????i want performace with mild tone i hate loud exhaust thats just me!!!maybe light tone under power!!!i have a 2300 super charger on truck.should i leave resinator on and is the stock 6.2 muffler ok would put aftermarket muffler on nut whats quiet any pics will help also.i like how quiet my truck is now but think im loosing 20 30hp will my supercharger and stock exhaust!!!any help is appreciated!!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silverstreak07
I wana to put long tube headers on my truck 07 max.my winter project is to get the calspeed headers i guess there making the 1 7/8 lt and than put maybe a 3 1/2 exhaust off a 6.2 truck.has anyone done this????i want performace with mild tone i hate loud exhaust thats just me!!!maybe light tone under power!!!i have a 2300 super charger on truck.should i leave resinator on and is the stock 6.2 muffler ok would put aftermarket muffler on nut whats quiet any pics will help also.i like how quiet my truck is now but think im loosing 20 30hp will my supercharger and stock exhaust!!!any help is appreciated!!

Well if u do long tubes it's gonna get louder even with stock muffler plus if ur supercharged and do headers with cats your gonna burn them off and ur O2 sensors I'd just do shortys long tubes will change ur tone
Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

THANKS,I WASNT GOING TO RUN CATS JUST LONG TUBES W Y PIPE W OUT CATS.i HEARD SHORTY HEADERS DONT HELP MUCH I LIKE TO GET THE MOST POWER I CAN.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverstreak07
THANKS,I WASNT GOING TO RUN CATS JUST LONG TUBES W Y PIPE W OUT CATS.i HEARD SHORTY HEADERS DONT HELP MUCH I LIKE TO GET THE MOST POWER I CAN.
OH I see i figured you didnt want it loud so i was asuming you where doing cats in that case they best way to keep it not as load is by adding a wickedflow max 22'' race muffler ive heard from people its a good flow muffler but its as quiet as u can get check it out on ebay or google the specs
Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

I will check it out
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM

Im on the same boat as you, i want a nice sounding exhaust without some loud annoying sound. I am about to install a cam and i just purchased the gmpp borla muffler. My issue is that i want the most power and i know that Lt's and cat-less Y pipe will be the best for that but i am scared of it being too loud.

The other question is how are you guys passing the emission test for inspection with out cats?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Well if u do long tubes it's gonna get louder even with stock muffler plus if ur supercharged and do headers with cats your gonna burn them off and ur O2 sensors I'd just do shortys long tubes will change ur tone
NEVER DO SHORTIES. THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN STOCK MANIFOLDS. Jesus Christ.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pl4yboy
NEVER DO SHORTIES. THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN STOCK MANIFOLDS. Jesus Christ.
VERY TRUE but he wanted less sound i mention shorties since he was SC but shorties on supercharged engines gain about 9rwhp and 19rwtq thats what i gain on my old sc RST then again LTs are way way better
Old 11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

i know i need the power but worried so many guys have tried diff exhaust systems SOMEONE MUST OF CAME UP WITH A HAPPY MILD TONE
Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

throw a 24" magnaflow on it with a bullet before it to cut down on the rasp...it will be pretty mild but still noticable

Quick Reply: Whos picky like me if so if i put long tube headers on does it sound tinny in cab?