Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

EcoTec 6.2 HP Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Yep, I love the all terrain package in black but Id really like cooled seats too. My wifes old Lincoln aviator had cooled seats and they were awesome in the Texas summer heat. I want a black, all terrain, crew cab short bed 4wd with nav, sunroof, tow mirrors, trailer brake controller, 3.73 gears, 6.2 and towing package. I don't need any of the other BS they throw in along with those other options.

Ill wait til someone actually gets a 6.2 to test out. Im interested to see how 8ualive's comparison goes.
Lets make prediction on how that goes,he didnt tell much about what his brother
ordered.other than 6.2

Im good till atleast 015 when I hopefully get a LT with a 6.2 and 3.73s

I see PKPhil checking market on his current truck,and checking pricing on new....Hey Phil test the market here on your truck.list it for all the money,its worth it..low mile cream buff,not like new "new"
Old 09-26-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He ordered short CCSB 6.2 with heavy duty trailering package, perforated leather(heated/cooled seats) the cocoa colored interior, 22" wheels. The wheels look pretty sweet to me and I'm not a big fan of big wheels. It's got 3.73's, sunroof, navigation, driver alert (vibrating seat I think is what that is). I'm waiting on a text from him but I think he said the 6.2 option was like 1,000$ more. About what mine was I think...I'm guessing it's gonna be around 50k, but they didn't give him a price because everything was special ordered. U can get a special SLT package but it doesn't come with certain things. That's why he ordered his. He built it on the Build your own on gmc website and it came to like 52 but he said the prices of the options at the dealership he was at were much lower than on the computer. I don't really understand that but oh well.....He really thinks it's gonna run right beside mine, but I don't see that. Although the extra torque will probably be surprising. I know I will prob gain or leave him during shifts since mine pulls to 6200 and no trq management. But I'm very excited to see and report back to you guys!! If it runs with mine bone stock, it will be an 8 sec 1/8 mile truck!!! And that's insane, so tuned maybe 8.50's !! May be over shooting but just saying. We don't have 1/4 mile track close to here so 1/8 times will have to do....maybe this helps a little but I wish I had a price for you guys....I do know he is trading in his 2010 CCSB same as my truck and it's got 215,000 miles on it and they are giving him 17-18k for it!!! I was shocked!!! My 11 has 170,000 and counting so I'm hoping they are just as nice to me next year! Ha
Old 09-26-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

What's y'all's predictions.....?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 8UALIVE
What's y'all's predictions.....?

you get your *** kicked,hows that for a prediction???

kidn.....I say him by 1/2 a truck at 90mph
Old 09-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He ordered short CCSB 6.2 with heavy duty trailering package, perforated leather(heated/cooled seats) the cocoa colored interior, 22" wheels. The wheels look pretty sweet to me and I'm not a big fan of big wheels. It's got 3.73's, sunroof, navigation, driver alert (vibrating seat I think is what that is). I'm waiting on a text from him but I think he said the 6.2 option was like 1,000$ more. About what mine was I think...I'm guessing it's gonna be around 50k, but they didn't give him a price because everything was special ordered. U can get a special SLT package but it doesn't come with certain things. That's why he ordered his. He built it on the Build your own on gmc website and it came to like 52 but he said the prices of the options at the dealership he was at were much lower than on the computer. I don't really understand that but oh well.....He really thinks it's gonna run right beside mine, but I don't see that. Although the extra torque will probably be surprising. I know I will prob gain or leave him during shifts since mine pulls to 6200 and no trq management. But I'm very excited to see and report back to you guys!! If it runs with mine bone stock, it will be an 8 sec 1/8 mile truck!!! And that's insane, so tuned maybe 8.50's !! May be over shooting but just saying. We don't have 1/4 mile track close to here so 1/8 times will have to do....maybe this helps a little but I wish I had a price for you guys....I do know he is trading in his 2010 CCSB same as my truck and it's got 215,000 miles on it and they are giving him 17-18k for it!!! I was shocked!!! My 11 has 170,000 and counting so I'm hoping they are just as nice to me next year! Ha
They can afford to give him more than they should on his truck when theyre charging him that much for the new truck. A quick search on autotrader of new trucks shows 9k discounts of msrp. The local dealership here is advertising 5k off. Im sure with these trucks being so new and people willing to pay theyre not wanting to mark them down much. There are a few delaerships who are apparently going for volume sales though as you can get a good chunk of change off them.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Gonzo I hope he does to be honest! Gotta keep the "who has the fastest truck" going! Ha I'm sure the 22's will not help but I don't think they will be too much! Imagine with the 17's how much difference it would be. I'm just as anxious as you guys are!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Gonzo I hope he does to be honest! Gotta keep the "who has the fastest truck" going! Ha I'm sure the 22's will not help but I don't think they will be too much! Imagine with the 17's how much difference it would be. I'm just as anxious as you guys are!
we want the new stuff to be better faster better econo quieter and for GM to smoke the competition.
I want a truck that you drop a supercharger on and it runs 11s...........

this new truck may get us closer
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say old truck by 1/2 truck at 95!! Dont underestimate a sweet tuned 6.2 ours fly!! CAI light wheels and awesome tune is gonna b hard to overcome!!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Currently 6.2 only available on Silverado LTZ and High Country, GMC Denali. Yesterday I visited dealership and built an LTZ Crew Cab 2/wd loaded with 3.73's (max trailoring pkg) and 6.2 still showed no pricing for engine upgrade. I'm going to wait and test drive before I make a decision but if it performs like the 2014 5.3 I drove for 10 days while my 2011 6.2 was being repaired I'm all in. The 2014 5.3 felt better in all aspects of tranny and engine tuning, much better than prior years.

Spoke with Lingenfelter yesterday regarding their 5.3 Silverado doing in house testing now and they said factory tune was great and not much room for improvement unless you install mods. They are testing cam profiles now with a C7 Corvette hitting the rollers today. Not sure when they will post results but very interested to see how the new GEN V's respond to mods. In addition to cams they also have modded heads going on soon as well. When it comes to performance I have always trusted Lingenfelter to give accurate information and expectations based on results.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LANCE ATKINSON
I say old truck by 1/2 truck at 95!! Dont underestimate a sweet tuned 6.2 ours fly!! CAI light wheels and awesome tune is gonna b hard to overcome!!
If it turns out the other way around you will be ok with that?

Quick Reply: EcoTec 6.2 HP Numbers