Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Voided Warranty :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get so sick and tired of people mouthing off "it's a recall" if they're vehicle has a special coverage policy or if they're grandpa's sisters ex-husbands brother in-law had a problem on his vehicle and yours kinda has a similar condition but different car line. Ignorance is bliss except for the people around the ignorant one
Old 11-18-2014, 10:02 AM
Bit
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stroked 4.8L
I get so sick and tired of people mouthing off "it's a recall" if they're vehicle has a special coverage policy or if they're grandpa's sisters ex-husbands brother in-law had a problem on his vehicle and yours kinda has a similar condition but different car line. Ignorance is bliss except for the people around the ignorant one
I'm assuming you are reffering to me and my post. I 100% agree with you on this subject. The reason I refered to it as a recall, is because in had to go out on the lot and check for loose wires on a few trucks. The service writer wrote it up as a recall. I will see if I can dig up the document he was referring to.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brewster240
yeah. see that all the time. wires connected but not snapped, eventually through vibration, heat cycles etc they back off and cause an issue.

not just plug wires, but regular electrical connectors too. just fixed one on thursday for a 2014 that the parking sensors stopped working.
My front passenger sensor has been going off the last few days since it has been cold. No blockage like snow or anything. I have to turn park assist off.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

No dude, it wasn't you. I was just venting, I was just aggravated dealing with stupid people here at work, and to take a breather I was reading some posts on here and when I saw warranty and recall it reignited my frustration.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Bit
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you. The recall deal pissed me off. Everybody that owns a car thinks they have a recall and get mad when there problem is not covered by a recall.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bit
I'm with you. The recall deal pissed me off. Everybody that owns a car thinks they have a recall and get mad when there problem is not covered by a recall.
Yup thanks to the internet and paranoid media one MFGR says recall on a certain VIN breakpoint and dealers nationwide are loaded up with paranoid pissed off idiots whose vehicles are not even involved.

Then somewhere someone hears of a tech service bulletin for a specific service problem and all idiots assume that to mean recall then they are standing in line with TSB's that don't even pertain to their vehicles. It's only going to get worse as people get stupider.