Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

Warning! If you're buying a 2015 silverado read this first!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it offers you any solice, I'm pretty sure the automatic trailer sway control feature is included in your truck with or without the factory trailer brake package. My understanding is that the manual trailer brake controller just lets you adjust the trailer brake bias or actuate the trailer brakes independently of the trucks.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:29 AM

I would contact GM's regional sales manager and tell them your story, and emphasize how your last 5 trucks were all Rams and you are now starting to regret your decision.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by racerkvn
I didn't even know you could buy a 2500 HD without a freaking hitch...
Late to the topic, but this was post was exactly what I thought when reading the first post. Didn't even realize hitch/controller were "options".

Any update on whether the dealer made things right, or did you just do an aftermarket controller?
Old 08-15-2015, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old thread, new situation... Bought a 14 1/2ton, April this yr. {The dlr orders several 14/15's w/ the trlr package, and LEAVES out the indash controller.}
My truck is wired to the rear, has the hitch on it, trlr pkge on sticker... no controller. The salesman is a turd, that knows 1 thing, $$. To get it, he becomes a prolific liar. Sure, we can install it. NOT. The parts guy tries to sell me a add-on. I already have 1, so I just took the supplied harness, hooked it up, plugged it in, and it works just fine.

FWIW, the sticker shows as STD equipt, the Stabilitrack-stability control w/trailer sway control & hill start assist.
My yrs of Chevy ownership leads me to believe they fast figured out, that a common system of electronics and wiring was cheaper than trying to keep inventories separate for every combo. The electronics are there. we just have to find outhow to get the additional parts....
Maybe a peek at the ecm w/ EFILIVE, will provide some insights....