INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

07 Regular cab to be a monster. But I need ur help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Regular cab to be a monster. But I need ur help.

Hello there,

I am new to here as you can see and I own a 07 Sierra Regular cab. 5.3L and New to trucks.

I know it has a 4l60E tranny and I do know that I need to make it a Heavy Duty peice of tranny. But I just don't know where and what to get ?

Is there any parts that will let my car run AWD on full acceleration at any speed? For example heavy duty parts for the transfer case ? and about the transmition, What does a servo actually do and where should I have the best one around ? Since im taking down the tranny I am also going to swap the T.C (Torque Converter ) for a much better one. Knowing I have a 4.10 Rear diffrential ratio, over 3500 is just way too much since I am also going to swap the cams.

Let me tell you how I drive. I drive on highways alot 30 to 40 percent of my driving is in the city. and to make it clearer I am a man who doesnt know how to take the pedal of the sierras metal ( I am always driving full speed ) I may be crazy but the streets are empty. ( Of course I do drive slow in the city) but late night at 1:00 AM when some one revs at a traffic light I just race him. So what torque converter will be best for me ? I want my car to be a blasting Daily Driver. By blast im not talking explosive. I am talking Nuclear.

I am also looking for a set of cams. I just don't understand **** about them. I have done lots of readin in here but now I know that I want them to be big since im going with a torque converter. but yet so good for daily driving. I know lost of good tuners so don't worry.

My engine is stock. But I have the following mods.

Pacessetter Longtube Headers
SLP 160c thermostat
S&B Cold Air Intake
UnderDrive Pulley

I just want your help into letting my choose the cams, torque converter and to guide me to the best transmition rebuild kit.

On other thing is whats the difference in torque converter plates ? Im new to automatics. I used to drive a supra. Now its in heaven. Btw the truck is not used for towing so any good lowering springs that will help me in traction ?

Thanks and I apologize for the long *** post with lots of questions But I hope I get lots of help so that I can help the noobs in the future and call my self a pro in trucks.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tiny_Trucker
I am also looking for a set of cams.
You only have one cam.

I would look into FLT for your tranny parts or a whole tranny and use the search button you will find EVERYTHING that you just asked for.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

servo? i got mine from transmissoncenter.net i gave 20$s for a vette servo, the converter and really say without what cam u are going to go with these's have 1 cam unlike the supra you say u had that has 2.... and as far as trannies goes everyone is going to say a 4l80e i believe 4l60e's can take a beating depending on who builds them(i believe) like my buddy cheveroletalltheway has a trans shop and talk to him if u got questions about one... id go with a comp 224/230 112lsa cam with a 3000 stall, or a tr220/220 with the same verter... but do like xchevyx24 said use the search button and u will find alot out, and all ur ?'s depends on what ur wantin from/do to ur truck

Last edited by aksz71; 09-10-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:34 PM

Sorry I am used to saying cams instead of a cam. Lol.

So far in transmissioncenter.net I found the Raptor 4l60E billet servos here is what it says.
#1. 4L60E high performance intermediate billet servo. This Superior / Fairbanks servo has 35% more holding power (fluid apply area) than the Corvette servo found on other brands. It'll give a firmer 1-2 and 2-3 shift. It also fits 4L65E transmissions. Can be installed without removing the transmission or valve body. Cost $89.00
What do you think of them ?

Transgo Shift Kits. Are they any good ? I made lots N lots of research but I see lots ofpeople getting the transgo shift kit. Where can I get my hands on them ? I can see sites mentioning them but non selling them.

Other than the Transgo shift kit N servo. Anything else I need to put on the tranny while it's down ? Comon I know you guys can help. Search wasnt that usefull.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have never heard of transmissioncenter.net but i would deffinatly go with FLT or performabuilt if your getting a new tranny. They both have a pretty good reputaion around here. The transgo shift kit and the servo can be bought from FLT
Old 09-10-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xchevyx24
I have never heard of transmissioncenter.net but i would deffinatly go with FLT or performabuilt if your getting a new tranny. They both have a pretty good reputaion around here. The transgo shift kit and the servo can be bought from FLT
transmissioncenter.net has everything from a fully built out the *** trans to conversion kits etc..for any kinda vehicle, chevy dodge ford and diesel's.. i back them up...i got my trans-go shift kit from speed-eng.com its over to the right >.... the biggest trans cooler will be a plus also, while the trans is down u can do a bigger converter but depending on the size cam u go with will determine on that,also another thing it will cost u though but take the tranny to a trans shop and have them tighten up the clutches to max spec's so were there will be very little of slipping(if ur sticking with stock trans) mine i run nitrious through it (and all i have is biggest trans cooler and vette servo so far so good knock on wood because i fixin to go to track in a lil bit. lol..
Old 09-11-2008, 01:00 AM

Alright sweet, Where can I get the biggest transcooler too ?

I looked and looked for the T.C and Camshaft combination and here is what I think is good.

224R on a 3300 Stall Single plate with lockup Torque converter.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you do any towing? If not I'd go woth a bigger stall, 3600 or more
Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 AM

Nop, No towing at all. I just bought my truck cuz I loved how the sierra looked.

But isn't 3600 a huge *** stall for a daily drive ? I mean does it burn rubber everytime I had 3600 stall ?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I daily drive mine. I love it. Wish I would have done it the first time, lol. Pulls like a train and never lets up. You'll love it. city gas mileage will suffer some, but the highway mileage will not change. I would go with a 40K cooler as well. I've got a 24K cooler, but I'm fixing to go to a 40K just forpiece of mind.

Quick Reply: 07 Regular cab to be a monster. But I need ur help.