INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

1000 HP/Torque. What will it take.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Not to start a flame war but the only Supercharger that I think can get you to 1000rwhp would be a Procharger. But the turbo route would be the easiest way, cubic displacement is not as big of a factor when dealing with boost as it is with N/A and nitrous set-ups. Some turbo guru's actually prefer smaller displacement, high boost and higher rpm's, a combo that more difficult and more expensive to obtain with bigger displacement engines.
A vortech, big whipple, or large CI NA with a big hit of n20 will also do it. Turbo is just more streetable, and will take you farther without exotic parts. Also most streetable in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:01 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jims
i want to make 1000 hp/torque with a blower... Magnuson, kenne bell, pro charger.. Whatever.
mp3100 tvs
Old 01-05-2011, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
mp3100 tvs
Thanks! I WILL check out the mp3100TVS.

Changing the subject......
What are the 14" rear's out of?
Are they a bolt in... no cutting/altering? Any mounts have to be changed?
Do you have a video of the 14" rear?
(Your comments are greatly appreciated as I remember you from my previous times spent on this forum and your very patient, knowledgeable and ultimately successful attempts to help me with technical stuff, of which I had NO understanding whatsoever, ... like the throttle body conversions project problems I had... which turned out to be a defective throttle body! )
Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

With all the praise for turbo's I'm becoming swayed.

What's the downside of tubo's??? I can install a Magnuson kit. From looking at a turbo I'm pretty sure I would NOT be able to install one myself.

I read on this forum that turbo's are easily adjustable to produce more/less boost. True? How?

A side note:
There is NOBODY around here to do a tune for me and I'm tired of having to do email tunes, so I purchased the program from The Tuning School which will walk me through my HP Tuner step by step and teach me how to do stuff that I currently know NOTHING about. I guaran-dam-tee ya I WILL (!) learn how to tune my truck. I WILL learn how to do it!!! I AM going to have the thrill (and it will be a thrill to me!) of tuning my own truck.

I'm 67 yrs old & the last couple years I've discovered that learning new stuff takes more effort than it used to. Information doesn't stick to my brain the way it used to. When you're young your brain has velcro in it and information sticks good. As you get older the brain seems to grow teflon... nothing sticks!! It's frustrating as hell but I WILL LEARN TO TUNE MY TRUCK. PERIOD. I'm sick and tired of feeling like a dumb *** old geezer from the olden days... which is how I feel deep down inside when I hear others talking about computer tuneing stuff. Well no more class dunce for me! I'm gunna be up to speed here ...... I be goin to schuul!!!

Last edited by JimS; 01-05-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can't seem to find any information regarding MP3100TVS. I google it and get totally unrelated information. Any links?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JimS
With all the praise for turbo's I'm becoming swayed.

What's the downside of tubo's??? I can install a Magnuson kit. From looking at a turbo I'm pretty sure I would NOT be able to install one myself.
The cost would be the only downside I can think of.

But as stated earlier, its going to be much more reliable. First thing that pops into my head is no worry about breaking blower belts.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DrX
mp3100 tvs
Your "Twins" video was outstanding! I'd never heard the sound of a turbo spooling and that is just about as badass as I've ever heard. WOW! Scary fast!! Now I AM thinking maybe a, I mean ONE (!), turbo. Since they produce such great numbers, are tuneable and make such a great noise, I am becoming swayed. You have brought me over to what has been termed as "the dark side"

The other link, about belts, required a password.

How much electronic stuff has to be done to install a turbo? Are there clear instructions that come with the turbo when it's purchased?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

His twins are superchargers. Which is quite rare FYI.

Turbo instructions are probably non existent, as most kits are for all practical purposes "home built"

heres some turbo noise, I cant use sound right now, so just using vids I can remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtWw5Dbgcsw
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
His twins are superchargers. Which is quite rare FYI.

Turbo instructions are probably non existent, as most kits are for all practical purposes "home built"

heres some turbo noise, I cant use sound right now, so just using vids I can remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtWw5Dbgcsw
Twin superchargers!? I'm embarrased. I just assumed.........

Still very impressive and that figures coming from DrX. His knowledge has always been extremely impressive and twin superchargers just completes the package.

AND.... thanks for the turbo noise! Also very impressive.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

His is the only twin supercharger ive ever seen. So twins should jump your mind to turbos anyway. I cant remember any turbo spool up videos, which is the sound I really like to hear

Quick Reply: 1000 HP/Torque. What will it take.