INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

1000 HP/Torque. What will it take.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JimS
Looking at your sig: Do you have any dyno or guesstamate hp/torque numbers with your current set up? Do you think my guesstamate hp numbers are in the ball-park? Only asking to get a better idea of whether I really want to change things.

The biggest part of my desire for more is that I'm just bored with having the way it is and want a change.

One change that needs to be done is the rear end so it there a different housing I need to consider? What should I go to? What's stronger and a relatively easy change. I'd druther not tub it.
I'd say 600rwhp....maybe more I agree with the 14bolt rear end conversion(read: added cost)....I like the 370/TVS2300 idea as well but I wouldn't shy away from a 408 either; and you'll want an 8rib belt setup to turn it all.....That right there will eat up everybit of 12k IMO.

Last edited by moregrip; 01-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:10 PM
makes children cry

Received 440 Likes on 361 Posts

just found a build that consists of an LSx454, procharger, cam, & meth that's making 912 to the wheels with it losing fuel pressure
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=lsx454
Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know who PatG is.
He is a sponsor on LS1Tech that a lot of people including myself use for cam recomendations. This is a link to his website.

http://guerragroup.com/camshaft_help.htm

Rick
Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is one GREAT forum!!! ...... and you guys just rock.

Were it not for your help I wouldn't have any idea which way to turn. There is no Gen III (I fhope I have the correct term there) help that I know of within 50 miles of me and I don't know the people that are out there so information is dammed scarce for me... except for HERE!

I'm taking notes.

Thank you. I'm genuinely greatful for your input/shared knowledge.... all y'all. !!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
You can get a quality 370 short block for around $3200 and the tvs2300 kits are around $5-6000 ? , But you could get money out of your old stuff..guessing $4000...
check this one out 415 ci http://www.schwankeshortblocks.com/s...?i=1497&c=1086

I dont like sleeved blocks for street applications, so my vote would be no on a 427ci out of a lq9...alot of better choices..for your heads a 4" to 4.060 would be ideal imo..Actually alot of current high hp record breakers are using a 3.90 stroke crankshaft

Google "EPS cams" for Patrick Guerrero..he is also on ls1tech
I was on LS1 tech yesterday and saw a reference to Schwankes short block and went there... save the site and will use it for future reference. Thanks.

I thought maybe I could get a few $k's out of the Radix 112.

Question: I'm under the impression that most of the bolt-on parts like oil pan, water pump, heads, alternator etc will bolt up on the 6 liter blocks.. lilke the LQ9. Correct?

So.. if that assumption is correct then if I go with the 6.0, bored/stroked, I can use my heads and other parts and since I can spin a wrench, with help, I/we can put the rest of the engine together and then add the Magnacharger kit. Costs would be minimized by going in this direction. I should probably find somebody to work the heads to support 800 or so hp... if these heads will do that.

Since my new Wilwoods, Centerline 20's and tires are paid for I'll start looking for a 14" rear end and get further prepared to put some hp to the ground!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was on LS1 tech yesterday and saw a reference to Schwankes short block and went there... save the site and will use it for future reference. Thanks.

I thought maybe I could get a few $k's out of the Radix 112.

Question: I'm under the impression that most of the bolt-on parts like oil pan, water pump, heads, alternator etc will bolt up on the 6 liter blocks.. lilke the LQ9. Correct?

So.. if that assumption is correct then if I go with the 6.0, bored/stroked, I can use my heads and other parts and since I can spin a wrench, with help, I/we can put the rest of the engine together and then add the Magnacharger kit. Costs would be minimized by going in this direction. I should probably find somebody to work the heads to support 800 or so hp... if these heads will do that.

Since my new Wilwoods, Centerline 20's and tires are paid for I'll start looking for a 14" rear end and get further prepared to put some hp to the ground!
I am getting a short block from Schwanke soon! ALL of your stuff will bolt right up to a ls1/ls2/lq4/lq9...I really think you would be happy with a 370+ ci block and a TVS2300 on top...I would even say to skip the N2o since you dont go to the track...VERY nice truck by the way!

-And if the heads are already cnc'd they should only need to be cleaned up or at most a valve job..money is better spent elsewhere......
Old 01-09-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

When nitrous is used with a Radix how/where is the nitrous introduced into the air/fuel mixture?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When nitrous is used with a Radix how/where is the nitrous introduced into the air/fuel mixture?
Through the intake tube..I did a 50 dry shot on my old setup because I was worried the fuel would eat the coating off the rotors...I guess you could spend the time/money to have the lower manifold tweaked for n2o......
Old 01-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

Most guys spray through the blower, but trick does make a kit with a spacer to spray after the blower.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
I am getting a short block from Schwanke soon! ALL of your stuff will bolt right up to a ls1/ls2/lq4/lq9...I really think you would be happy with a 370+ ci block and a TVS2300 on top...I would even say to skip the N2o since you dont go to the track...VERY nice truck by the way!

-And if the heads are already cnc'd they should only need to be cleaned up or at most a valve job..money is better spent elsewhere......
Thanks very much for the information and the compliment.

I really like the idea of an lq4 or lq9 402 or 408 with the TVS2300 or, since it will be several months before I'm ready to start buying parts, maybe the TVS 3100 will be a reality and we'd see some big boost numbers.

For now I'm really tempted to do some nitrous... just for the fun of it this summer. What is the downside?

Quick Reply: 1000 HP/Torque. What will it take.