INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

370/MP122 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been out for a while but here's an update:
Slowhawk at DezRacing is doing the tuning and we seem to be a little lite on power. Currently 415/425 @ 8lbs and 2.9 pulley...it was running perfectly with no issues, but I elected to keep it there and put an underdrive pulley on it and get boost jacked up closer to 12lbs, hook the meth up (and into the washer reservoir), and see if we can't wake this pig up!!! The truck is fighting us every step of the way tho! Pulleys out of stock everywhere, came without spacers, 8" bolt in 6" box , no meth hose available...u get the picture! Power prob cud be the heads (any suggestions welcome) too mild cam, or 4L80 (in fact it might be worth opening that thing back up to see whats ticking, but it seems to work fine) but who the hell knows and after this long I just want it back (and Slowhawk wants an end to the transferred frustration!). It shud be good to go next week and I'll put miles on it for a bunch of months . In the meantime I'm gonna do more research on heads/cam packages I guess!
Please - everyone chime in as I want suggestions. R/
Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
Been out for a while but here's an update:
Slowhawk at DezRacing is doing the tuning and we seem to be a little lite on power. Currently 415/425 @ 8lbs and 2.9 pulley...it was running perfectly with no issues, but I elected to keep it there and put an underdrive pulley on it and get boost jacked up closer to 12lbs, hook the meth up (and into the washer reservoir), and see if we can't wake this pig up!!! The truck is fighting us every step of the way tho! Pulleys out of stock everywhere, came without spacers, 8" bolt in 6" box , no meth hose available...u get the picture! Power prob cud be the heads (any suggestions welcome) too mild cam, or 4L80 (in fact it might be worth opening that thing back up to see whats ticking, but it seems to work fine) but who the hell knows and after this long I just want it back (and Slowhawk wants an end to the transferred frustration!). It shud be good to go next week and I'll put miles on it for a bunch of months . In the meantime I'm gonna do more research on heads/cam packages I guess!
Please - everyone chime in as I want suggestions. R/
what is the build specs on the motor again? What balancer did you go with?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
what is the build specs on the motor again? What balancer did you go with?
LQ9 Block (new) overbore
cam: 214/218 .559/.562 @ 114lc
Heads: RHS ProAction/All Pro - Flow #s @ 1.6 lift
I E
100 66 54
200 136 111
300 196 154
400 246 198
500 276 244
600 291 254
700 289 258
Flowed with a 4.060 bore
Chamber size 66
236 cc intake
Pistons: Diamond custom cut to heads (gonna get volume specs 2day)
Springs: Comp 918
Melling oil pump and remote filter
Dynatech LT's
Eagle Crank
FluidDamper Balancer (see pics on page 1)
compression 9.4:1
**All balanced and bla, bla...motor is solid and once overed by Slowhawk and he says seems well built...what else u need to know? R/

Last edited by dhpro; 09-01-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:29 AM
what a rush!

an under-drive pulley will spin it slower not faster, is that what you want?

I don't see anything that would indicate a problem motor wise, you sure the valves are closing all the way? (i.e. correct pushrod length)
Old 09-01-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

an under-drive pulley will spin it slower not faster, is that what you want?
Im an idiot....OVERDRIVE!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 AM
what a rush!

Im an idiot....OVERDRIVE!
which overdrive pulley did you go with?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

which overdrive pulley did you go with?
Dunno...haven't seen it, all I know is it came from Eastcoast SC...I trust Slowhawk to have chosen wisely.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 AM
what a rush!

Dunno...haven't seen it, all I know is it came from Eastcoast SC...I trust Slowhawk to have chosen wisely.
probably an Innovators West piece then, that's where I bought mine. They sent me a bolt that was too short for the damper, anyway I PM'd ECS with the correct bolt and spacer info a while back, I have no idea whether or not they used the data I sent them. In any event if you need the correct info just let me know, it's posted on here I responded to a post Slowhawk made on the Corvette forum regarding your truck but never heard back from him either. Whatever I can do to help
Old 09-01-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

probably an Innovators West piece then, that's where I bought mine. They sent me a bolt that was too short for the damper, anyway I PM'd ECS with the correct bolt and spacer info a while back, I have no idea whether or not they used the data I sent them. In any event if you need the correct info just let me know, it's posted on here I responded to a post Slowhawk made on the Corvette forum regarding your truck but never heard back from him either. Whatever I can do to help
I'm banned for CF due to my dispute with CHUCK COW (he's still sitting on one of my PCM's!). Slowhawk's been out most of the week....but we got the pulley without spacers and bolt, now got the 8" bolt sent wedged into a 6" box ...this build has been one serious test of everyone's patience!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
what a rush!

I'm banned for CF due to my dispute with CHUCK COW (he's still sitting on one of my PCM's!). Slowhawk's been out most of the week....but we got the pulley without spacers and bolt, now got the 8" bolt sent wedged into a 6" box ...this build has been one serious test of everyone's patience!
In case you need the info:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...&postcount=596

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...&postcount=598

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...&postcount=600

Quick Reply: 370/MP122 Build