INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

370/MP122 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW...Grippy I spoke with Kincaid about the Chiller Killer. They haven't yet installed one on a Chev - only Fords so far as they come from factory with SC. Says he's very surprised he hasn't heard from any CHEV Maggie owners to this point as he can't believe the small size of the Maggie I/C vs the Ford one. He offered a decent deal if I wanted to go that route and it seems like an interesting product. Now thats its headed back to the shop, we'll take a closer look at it after cracking the motor open if we still have the IAT prob. R/
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang DH! I hate that your having all of these problems.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
BTW...Grippy I spoke with Kincaid about the Chiller Killer. They haven't yet installed one on a Chev - only Fords so far as they come from factory with SC. Says he's very surprised he hasn't heard from any CHEV Maggie owners to this point as he can't believe the small size of the Maggie I/C vs the Ford one. He offered a decent deal if I wanted to go that route and it seems like an interesting product. Now thats its headed back to the shop, we'll take a closer look at it after cracking the motor open if we still have the IAT prob. R/

even if you you had zero problems to sort out I'd like to see what this setup could do for you/us, it is definitely on my mods to do list
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
what a rush!

LATEST: did 1400 miles in last 10days...pissing oil all over the place. Before all the miles found small oil pool on top on head covers and on pass side motor mount. After all the miles whole bottom of truck is covered, had to add 2 qrts so far. All the plug heat socks are soaked. Valve covers dont seem to be the prob as the heads are clean above the headers. Drivers side looks like a small head gasket leak...gonna do a leak down test and see if the cylinders have been washed down and my rings are shot (hopefully not or at least its only rings if so ). Half way thru the mileage the SNOW meth pump went haywire and drowned my engione in fluid stalling the motor...thankfully it didn't hydrolock! I'm guessing this is the ultimate reason for the high IAT/low power probs...the scarey part is my builder/installer think we only need to retorq the heads! It'll be headed back to the shop in the next few weeks. I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING BAD I EVER SAID ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYBODY - PLS JUST MAKE MY CAR RUN BEFORE I GO BROKE

any new updates, good news I hope?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
any new updates, good news I hope?
Looks like rings are washed out...pulling the motor next week...hopefully its not another month but at least it might explain a few probs! Compression test gave us 151-155 on all 8 cyls, but leak down musta been really poor. The beat goes on...

Last edited by dhpro; 10-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
what a rush!

Looks like rings are washed out...pulling the motor next week...hopefully its not another month but at least it might explain a few probs! Compression test gave us 151-155 on all 8 cyls, but leak down musta been really poor. The beat goes on...
if you haven't bought rings yet, I urge you to contact Rex to get the ring pack he specs from Ackerly & Childs
Old 10-04-2007, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
if you haven't bought rings yet, I urge you to contact Rex to get the ring pack he specs from Ackerly & Childs
I doubt they've done anything before pulling the motor and cracking the heads...hopefully it won't be a piston too, but if they rehone I might need new pistons too!
Why do u recommend those? ...how can I reach REX?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Build #2 starts today...gonna change cam once I confirm dish on pistons and exactly what type of damage we're dealing with...R/
Old 10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best of luck, hope it turns out to be nothing but good news!
I'm gonna PM you Rex # in case you wanted to give him a ring...

Julien
Old 11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what's the latest grasshopper? I read a thread about maybe going with a 408 but you planned on sticking with the 370?? How did the pistons look?

Quick Reply: 370/MP122 Build