INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

6.0 questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
i dont know how telling you too read is coming off as a smart butt? your questions were VERY basic so it really doesn't sound like you have searched much? and if you look i did answer that its a lq4 and even asked you a question about your goals for it? but now i could really care less and if you think my truck needs a paint job??? send me the money
You are funny. Do you have inside information

No, I have not searched much. Like I said, I usually do "old school" SBC stuff.

How did you know it is a LQ4? What told you that?

Goals? Street truck to haul my chevelle with. Eat others lunch when I want. Selective choosing.

Paint job? I don't like brown. However, your truck does look good.

What is your drop and suspension set up?

I'm not sending you any money.

Take care, dude.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAH32
You are funny. Do you have inside information

No, I have not searched much. Like I said, I usually do "old school" SBC stuff.

How did you know it is a LQ4? What told you that?

Goals? Street truck to haul my chevelle with. Eat others lunch when I want. Selective choosing.

Paint job? I don't like brown. However, your truck does look good.

What is your drop and suspension set up?

I'm not sending you any money.

Take care, dude.
He knew it was an Lq4 from what you listed it as coming out of, only a few things had the LQ9.

as far as yer goals, yer lq4 with exhaust and tune and a mild cam like you said will do that with ease. yer next problem is, yer tranny and rearend wont handle a stock LQ4 let alone a mild modded one.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting.

I realize the tranny might not hold. What kind of tranny would hold the power in you opinion?

However, the rear might be strong enough. It has a GM posi unit in there.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DAH32
Interesting.

I realize the tranny might not hold. What kind of tranny would hold the power in you opinion?

However, the rear might be strong enough. It has a GM posi unit in there.
I dont mean to sound like an ***.. but the G80 GM Posi is a pile of **** and will not hold the power, it would prob be the first thing to fail.. you may get lucky and be able to go shift kit/corvette servos/and a big tranny cooler and get the stock tranny to last, or you can have the 4L60e built,finish line transmission is one of our sponsors http://www.finishlinetrans.com/transmissions/index.htm and does great work, or you could swap in a 4L80e im almost positive a stock 80e or just a shift kit 80e would easily handle the power.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this guy is crackin me up, he comes in here and posts a bunch of questions, and halfway answers some of them in his first post, then the first guy to post with a legit response gets an *** chewing from this guy... and then he wants everyone to help him after it? wow....

ahhh hell, anyways if you got plans on towing just leave the 6.0 stock no need to up the compression (unless you like premium gas prices) if you wanted to get a cam get a really small cam (like a comp xr265) toss in some long tubes and a tune and it will be good. as for the trans i saw yours is a 5 speed, im not too sure what those can handle power wise, i think parker was thinking that you had an auto (4l60e) which is why he suggested the 4l80e and for the rear end i think it should be ok if you dont hammer on it everywhere you go or do any burnouts.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Parke10
I dont mean to sound like an ***.. but the G80 GM Posi is a pile of **** and will not hold the power, it would prob be the first thing to fail.. you may get lucky and be able to go shift kit/corvette servos/and a big tranny cooler and get the stock tranny to last, or you can have the 4L60e built,finish line transmission is one of our sponsors http://www.finishlinetrans.com/transmissions/index.htm and does great work, or you could swap in a 4L80e im almost positive a stock 80e or just a shift kit 80e would easily handle the power.
I'm not that familiar with hot rodding new vehicles. Mainly older muscle cars and what not. I have heard the that as well about the posi unit, but I have not had any problems with it yet.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 006rcsb
this guy is crackin me up, he comes in here and posts a bunch of questions, and halfway answers some of them in his first post, then the first guy to post with a legit response gets an *** chewing from this guy... and then he wants everyone to help him after it? wow....

ahhh hell, anyways if you got plans on towing just leave the 6.0 stock no need to up the compression (unless you like premium gas prices) if you wanted to get a cam get a really small cam (like a comp xr265) toss in some long tubes and a tune and it will be good. as for the trans i saw yours is a 5 speed, im not too sure what those can handle power wise, i think parker was thinking that you had an auto (4l60e) which is why he suggested the 4l80e and for the rear end i think it should be ok if you dont hammer on it everywhere you go or do any burnouts.
Sorry. He just came across me wrong. Like he jumped at me.

Again, I have only experience in "old school" hot rodding.

The LS series is new to me.

Hope to learn more!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 006rcsb

****, didnt even notice that.. i did think he had an auto.. yea idk too much bout those manuals. tho manual or auto itll need a built rear thats for sure