INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

ARP Rod Bolt Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ARP Rod Bolt Roll Call

OK, who all's running them without any problems? I remember reading on tech a while back, that some guys were experiencing problems with the ARP rod bolts, such as warped rod caps and such. Not sure if those guys tried to install them with the sleeves in or whatnot though. I know that the Katech's are a direct replacement for the stockers, but I believe that they are considerably more expensive than the ARP's, as everything that's stamped Katech is. So come on and fess up...taking all feedback, good and bad
Old 07-09-2010, 07:35 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

IIRC, the issues were with the ARP PROs. I ran the cheaper ones in my 6.0, then re used them when I rebuilt it, and had no issues. Plan to run them in my current 6.0 block when I decide what Im gonna do
Old 07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by white1
IIRC, the issues were with the ARP PROs. I ran the cheaper ones in my 6.0, then re used them when I rebuilt it, and had no issues. Plan to run them in my current 6.0 block when I decide what Im gonna do
The Pros are a more expensive version?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:12 PM
formerly ByuTrukFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got 'em no problems yet but I haven't opened the bottom end since. Not sure which version.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Hybrid Compstar Rods came with the big *** son of a bitch ARP2000 rod bolts made to Callies Spec and they seem to be perfect, I'm assuming the issues were with the stock replacement Pro Series rod bolts...

The Katechs are nice, but if you are going to push a connecting rod hard enough to need them, you need to step up to the big dog rods that have the larger diameter rod bolts anyway! The Katechs were made to be utilized in the C6R, with the titanium connecting rods spinning 9000rpms for hours on end, not a stock GM powdered rod as a bandaid to fix spun rod bearings...just my opinion!

Last edited by Evil SS 2006; 07-09-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
The Pros are a more expensive version?
I believe. SDPC has the cheap set for $69 and the other (pro I think) for $99
I bought the cheap ones for $100 lol but that's what I've been finding them for.
On a side note I got my LS6 springs for $59 from there
Old 07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running the 69 dollar versions from Summit , been slinging the **** out of my motor for 20,000 or so miles with no problems. I have put in 3 or 4 sets of these with no issues.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:33 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the expencive one's here, arp2000 stock replacement 200,000psi strength. I even done a write up on the install, and the sleeves that need to come out. I have had it up to ~6800 since the install, and no problems. I think it is all in the install. you have to stretch the bolt to get the right clamp loads. DO IT! cheap insurance.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:37 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here ya go bud!

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=463310
Old 07-10-2010, 07:13 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Evil SS 2006
My Hybrid Compstar Rods came with the big *** son of a bitch ARP2000 rod bolts made to Callies Spec and they seem to be perfect, I'm assuming the issues were with the stock replacement Pro Series rod bolts...

The Katechs are nice, but if you are going to push a connecting rod hard enough to need them, you need to step up to the big dog rods that have the larger diameter rod bolts anyway! The Katechs were made to be utilized in the C6R, with the titanium connecting rods spinning 9000rpms for hours on end, not a stock GM powdered rod as a bandaid to fix spun rod bearings...just my opinion!

I don't plan to spin the **** out of my LQ9 when I build it, but since the block needs to come apart anyway to be honed, I figured that I might as well put some upgraded rod bolts in there when I put it back together.

Originally Posted by white1
I believe. SDPC has the cheap set for $69 and the other (pro I think) for $99
I bought the cheap ones for $100 lol but that's what I've been finding them for.
On a side note I got my LS6 springs for $59 from there
Thanks White...I've bought two sets of LS6 springs from SDPC myself, best price that I've found anywhere

Originally Posted by 1969x11
I'm running the 69 dollar versions from Summit , been slinging the **** out of my motor for 20,000 or so miles with no problems. I have put in 3 or 4 sets of these with no issues.
20K, that's the kind of info that I'm looking for...great deal for 69 bux. Can't remember what the Katechs cost, but it's over double that IIRC.

Originally Posted by fastrt
got the expencive one's here, arp2000 stock replacement 200,000psi strength. I even done a write up on the install, and the sleeves that need to come out. I have had it up to ~6800 since the install, and no problems. I think it is all in the install. you have to stretch the bolt to get the right clamp loads. DO IT! cheap insurance.

here ya go bud!

https://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=463310
Yea man, I saw your write up, very informative...gonna see what I can do about making that a sticky. For 30 bux more, I think that I'll go with those when the time comes. I'm thinking that if you were to have a problem it would have happened already.

I have plenty of time before this build happens, just trying to get my ducks in a row...and if I can somehow start to get some money put away (I have a lot of items that were in storage that I'm going to try and sell, either at a garage sale, Craigslist, ebay, whatever), and if I can get some dough out of that, I may be able to fix my front diff, get my trutrac, and start building the engine. Still trying to decide if I want to stick with my 3.73's or step up to 4.10's since the front diff is toast anyway and needs replacement...now would be the time to upgrade

Quick Reply: ARP Rod Bolt Roll Call