INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Broke a Rocker Arm????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:52 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That seems to be the spot where the aftermarkets always break...as for Scorpion, haven't heard much good about them. They almost bought Crane then backed out at the last second...I'm glad because Scorpion=

On a side note, S&S Cylcles bought Crane, and almost all of the employees got to keep their jobs
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd heard of Scorpion in recent yrs, aren't they suppota be a newer co.? But now I now why they cost so little. Cheap usu. means =
I said cheap not inexpensive, there's a diff.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was thinking of the aluminum rockers, but decided to go with the roller tip comp cams rockers. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I was thinking of the aluminum rockers, but decided to go with the roller tip comp cams rockers. I will keep my fingers crossed.
The Magnum rockers? Been curious about those myself, I have a buddy who's gonna be running them
Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comp is set to release their new Ultra Pro LS rocker arm (1.8) sometime this year. They had them in their catalog at SEMA, and they guys said they planned on releasing them this summer/fall. I wish they would make one WITHOUT the roller tip, and just put on a sliding pad like the stockers have!!!

I wouldn't ever run an aluminum rocker, Ive seen too many of them break.

EDIT: I noticed the trunion upgrade is on the same page by coincidence

Old 04-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had great luck fro my Crane Cams roller rockers.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:52 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Michael, please stop internet racing...how do you know that the aftermarket rockers are inferior? Have you ever even held one in your hand or installed one? (FACT>Opinion)
Originally Posted by budhayes3
That seems to be the spot where the aftermarkets always break...
This seems to be a contridiction...
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just because one has a failure point doesn't make that statement contradictory. Stockers have their known failures and shortcomings just like aftermarket ones... Stockers puke needle bearings, some aftermarket rockers fail at the pushrod cup... Hell, I've seen them break in two right in the middle of the arm... You're asking a lot of these parts with higher spring rates, lift, RPM, something will fail eventually... That's racin

He was mostly pointing out the fact that GMCtrk has no experience with it and is for lack of better words, talking from his anus...

I have ran both, and have had no problems from either one with aftermarket single and dual springs.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
He was mostly pointing out the fact that GMCtrk has no experience with it and is for lack of better words, talking from his anus...

I have ran both, and have had no problems from either one with aftermarket single and dual springs.
I really should use this as a sig.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:16 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by MPFD
This seems to be a contridiction...
You missed my point bud...

I had great luck fro my Crane Cams roller rockers.
I've heard nothing but great things about the Crane rockers, and the great thing about them, as much as they may be tedious to adjust, you can get your lifter preload spot on

The new Comp rockers look interesting, and also appear to be adjustable, which is great for getting your lifter preload set correctly. My only problem with them is that they are sold by Comp (not going to say "made by" because Comp outsources so much these days who knows if they even make any of their own products anymore), and I seems like everything that Comp makes that aren't cams or pushrods breaks...so it seems...plus, they'll probably cost more than a good set of worked heads

Just because one has a failure point doesn't make that statement contradictory. Stockers have their known failures and shortcomings just like aftermarket ones... Stockers puke needle bearings, some aftermarket rockers fail at the pushrod cup... Hell, I've seen them break in two right in the middle of the arm... You're asking a lot of these parts with higher spring rates, lift, RPM, something will fail eventually... That's racin

Thank you, you got my point

Last edited by budhayes3; 04-26-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Broke a Rocker Arm????????