INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Broke a Rocker Arm????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i must give credit to jegs for thier customer service! They got back to me on a sunday! They will take the whole set back and send me or new set at N/C or i can upgrade and pay the difference. They reccomended COMP ULTRA GOLD ROCKERS, I am tempted to the upgrade but i am a little nervous!
They have NOT seen many issues with these rockers so i am gueesing that i just got a bad one.

GB
Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gblauf
They will take the whole set back and send me or new set at N/C or i can upgrade and pay the difference. They reccomended COMP ULTRA GOLD ROCKERS, I am tempted to the upgrade but i am a little nervous!
They have NOT seen many issues with these rockers so i am guessing that i just got a bad one.
How much for those Ultra Golds?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comp ultra gold huh...looks like the Crane Rockers...wonder if Comp bought the rights from Crane when they initially went under. Do a little research before you buy, if they're the Crane rockers, and are still being manufactured in the same factory that they used to when Crane was selling them, I'd say that they're a great rocker Just start installing them early on a Saturday when you have no where to go, as I've heard that adjusting them can be a real PITA, but once you get them right, you'll have perfect lifter preload and little to no valvetrain noise
Old 04-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

$482 set
Old 04-25-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Seriously, tell them you want Comp 13702-KIT trunion upgrade. Its like $130. Im not a fan of ANY aluminum rocker arms. Ive seen every single one of them have failures.

I have never seen an OEM LS rocker body fail on its own...Get the trunion upgrade and roll on....Spectacle Solutions will press them in for you for around $60-80.

Youll have $200 into a bullet proof, lightweight, low moment of inertia, set of rockers. Or, if you want a higher ratio, get SLP 1.85s or wait for Comps 1.8s I refered to earlier.

Save yourself some time and hastle, forget aluminum rockers......

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 04-25-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Seriously, tell them you want Comp 13702-KIT trunion upgrade. Its like $130. Im not a fan of ANY aluminum rocker arms. Ive seen every single one of them have failures.

I have never seen an OEM LS rocker body break. Get the trunion upgrade and roll on....Spectacle Solutions will press them in for you for around $60-80. Youll have $200 into a bullet proof set of rockers. Or, if you want a higher ratio, get SLP 1.85s or wait for Comps 1.8s I refered to earlier.

That's cheaper than the Harland Sharp trunion upgrade I'm just afraid of Comp as I've said...I'll have to talk to my father and get his opinion...he's been in business as a race engine builder since 1971 and his engines currently hold over 40 national records (Ceralli Competition Engines if anyone's ever heard of him...he has a great rep in the northeast). Unfortunately he never got into the GENIII stuff...wish he did as I'm sure that he'd be building some stout motors...

Also unfortunately my dad's not cheap either...
Old 04-25-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Comp has always been great to me, havent had a problem with them and Ive run mostly thier stuff for the past 15yrs or so.

The trunion upgrade is without a doubt the way to go. I may buy their new 1.8 rockers when they come out. THere steel rockers arms cant be beat. It would give me almost the equivalent of an LSK lobe.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

So if i jump brands lets say to Harland sharp, Are the "shaft mount" good rockers? I thought these were cheaper????
Old 04-25-2010, 12:52 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think what people are telling you is upgrade the trunnions, use your stock rockers and put a few bucks back in your pocket.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never seen an OEM LS rocker body fail on its own...Get the trunion upgrade and roll on....Spectacle Solutions will press them in for you for around $60-80.

Youll have $200 into a bullet proof, lightweight, low moment of inertia, set of rockers. Or, if you want a higher ratio, get SLP 1.85s or wait for Comps 1.8s I refered to earlier.

Who's Spectacle Solutions?

Comp has always been great to me, havent had a problem with them and Ive run mostly thier stuff for the past 15yrs or so.

The trunion upgrade is without a doubt the way to go. I may buy their new 1.8 rockers when they come out. THere steel rockers arms cant be beat. It would give me almost the equivalent of an LSK lobe.
Whatsa LSK lobe? Is that 1 of Comp's names for a lobe design / profile?

Quick Reply: Broke a Rocker Arm????????