INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Cam Q: for Stoichiometric

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cam Q: for Stoichiometric

I was told by Richard from WCCH to ask you about your cam. I'm building a forged 6.0L (may bore it out but not sure yet) with a set of 245cc ported and polished heads and a victor Jr intake to mate up with my GT-76. I'm gonna be running a high boost (16-20#) low compression set up. I was concerned about what cam to run and he mentioned that your running a really good cam in your truck and should ask you for some PRO advice!
I'm reaching for 800HP which I feel I might get close to at the top end but am more concerned about low end power as well as consistency throughout the power band. High end power is only usefull...well at the high end. And I need to go through the low and mid's hopefully as fast as possible to get there (duh!). Reason I'm worried is right now all my power is coming on in a RUSH at the high end and getting there is a bit of a chore. Just wanted to ask you what you'd suggest going with and what your running as well?
Thanks for any help...With anyluck I wanna brake and axle on my first dyno pull j/k

Thought I would Thread this in case anyone else wanted to chime in...please do!!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cam that I chose for my 408 is exactly: 236/230 .608" .605" 115lsa with 4 degrees of advance. I should be in the low 8.x:1 compression range and I will use an 88mm turbo. My cam is on XFI lobes and this truck will not be a daily driver. I am using AFR dual valve springs that set up to ~400lbs open pressure. I plan to run 15+ psi and probably a meth kit due to our 91 octane excuse for gas we have here. I feel that this cam will be a good choice to meet your goals, although I would take Richard's advise on using the XFI lobes on a daily driver. Good springs are a must.

The biggest cost of the low end will be the low compression ratio. Once you get into boost you will be able to forget about your low compression though. I would take Richard's adivse, he has helped me with all of my major decisions. You are on the path to a killer set-up, good luck .
Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 AM
GFYS and STFU

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
The cam that I chose for my 408 is exactly: 236/230 .608" .605" 115lsa with 4 degrees of advance. I should be in the low 8.x:1 compression range and I will use an 88mm turbo. My cam is on XFI lobes and this truck will not be a daily driver. I am using AFR dual valve springs that set up to ~400lbs open pressure. I plan to run 15+ psi and probably a meth kit due to our 91 octane excuse for gas we have here. I feel that this cam will be a good choice to meet your goals, although I would take Richard's advise on using the XFI lobes on a daily driver. Good springs are a must.

The biggest cost of the low end will be the low compression ratio. Once you get into boost you will be able to forget about your low compression though. I would take Richard's adivse, he has helped me with all of my major decisions. You are on the path to a killer set-up, good luck .
Awesome! I'm leaning towards 9:1 CR just to deal with the missing low end I'm gonna have. I figure that will help some...??? How far down can I go with the CR?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:02 AM
GFYS and STFU

God Damn that engine sounds sick!! I know i'm already at a disadvantage with my QCSB but I was hoping to make some of it up. Now that I see what your gonna be running I think if we ever race my strategy would have to be to draft you!! I'll talk to richard about that cam, mine is gonna be a daily driver but screw the passengers...they can enjoy the jerky ride!! But we'll see, thanks for the tips.

PS Your truck doesn't like our gourmet 91 oct here in cali? My truck can't get enough of it!!