INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

cam question every fu**ing day.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueflamed03
we might need to do a meet sometime!
we usually have a G2G every year. 2 years running now.
Thiems is in Stillwater a lot. Just look for a badass silver z06 with a young cat grinnin ear to ear.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL...will do

sorry, I'm a newbie HERE...not new, just new here.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ap2002
it doesnt bother me, most of them are newbies, so what do you expect? be easy on the newbies... lol...

by the way you think my new cam on a 110LSA is going to lope? or do i need to go lower?
the one thing that makes me be an ******* is the people that ask what kind of handheld, tb spacer, and which shorty headers they should get... oh btw my race car has a 106 lsa cam, so you need to go lower
Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Launching!

People need to remember that the search does not cover everyones opinion,only people who post alot.Alot of people would look at my post count and say I am a NOOBIE,WRONG ANSWER. I have been around since 2003 and my first tune was from ALLAN NELSON (Farmtruk) when he had a special price on tunes for 25 tunes or more,back when 02 DENALI was one the first to have a Westers tune and then introduced us all to ALLAN with his tune.Many would look at my cam selection and wonder why I did not follow the crowd with the GT2-3. I went with the GT-7 IN A 5.3 1ST the longer exhaust duration since I do not want headers,2nd the smaller lift is easier on springs and 3rd I LIKE A SMOOTH SLEEPER EFFECT IDLE. So if you want more opinons other than just old archives post ask up.Remember opinons are like ********,everybodies got one.

Last edited by WorkTruc; 09-29-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by WorkTruc
People need to remember that the search does not cover everyones opiion,only people who post alot.Alot of people would look at my post count and say I am a NOOBIE,WRONG ANSWER. I have been around since 2003 and my first tune was from ALLAN NELSON (Farmtruk) when he had a special price on tunes for 25 tunes or more,back when 02 DENALI was one the first to have a Westers tune and then introduced us all to ALLAN with his tune.Many would look at my cam selection and wonder why I did not follow the crowd with the GT2-3. I went with the GT-7 IN A 5.3 1ST the longer exhaust duration since I do not want headers,2nd the smaller lift is easier on springs and 3rd I LIKE A SMOOTH SLEEPER EFFECT IDLE. So if you want more opions other than just old archives post ask up.Remember opions are like ********,everybodies got one.
True, but I doubt I'd ever see a post from you asking if your 4l60E will hold up to a Radix when every single thread involving Radix or 4l60e will have the answer.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WorkTruc
People need to remember that the search does not cover everyones opiion,only people who post alot.Alot of people would look at my post count and say I am a NOOBIE,WRONG ANSWER. I have been around since 2003 and my first tune was from ALLAN NELSON (Farmtruk) when he had a special price on tunes for 25 tunes or more,back when 02 DENALI was one the first to have a Westers tune and then introduced us all to ALLAN with his tune.Many would look at my cam selection and wonder why I did not follow the crowd with the GT2-3. I went with the GT-7 IN A 5.3 1ST the longer exhaust duration since I do not want headers,2nd the smaller lift is easier on springs and 3rd I LIKE A SMOOTH SLEEPER EFFECT IDLE. So if you want more opions other than just old archives post ask up.Remember opions are like ********,everybodies got one.
Off topic, but how did those seats work out for you.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
Off topic, but how did those seats work out for you.
Seats worked out great in work truck.Added som extra padding under the cover of drivers seat for extra comfort.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

I think the cam thing does get old, but it does keep action and new idea's flowing. I think that there should be two sticky's, but not for general info. There should be a post that everyone can list their current setup which would cover cams, heads, intakes, springs, pushrods, etc, etc, etc. Example : http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/in...showtopic=6247 There could also be another sticky that is just titled "Cam advice here". Everyone wanting a cam recomendation can just post in there and that keeps all cam info in one easy to find area.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What I've seen lacking in cam threads is discussion of valve events, which are controlled by the cam- and their affect on the power curve. what affect and early opening of the intake valve should open ie. B4 TDC or ATEC etc. and how a narrow LSA makes this happen sooner and why a narrow LSA createds higher cylinder becaus ethe valves are both closed longer, which is why it creates more torque in the basement..........
Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Veteran

More detail=More questions=Bad...

Quick Reply: cam question every fu**ing day.