INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Comp 918 Valvespring Recalled Batch Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hirdlej
What're they going to do about all the people who call up lying? When someone says "oh yeah, uhhhh my springs are bad" Comp then sends new springs out. Then someone sticks some blue striped stock truck valve springs in a box and returns those?
put a stock spring and a 918 side by side and you can see the difference.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I emailed Mr. Mays this morning and the warranty manager has already contacted me. I am impressed. I have 2 sets and all he asked me was if they had the blue stripe on them.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Notorious BIG

i emailed them and they didn't ask for a reciept or anything, they sent me the new springs and i had them in two days. I will continue to be a Comp Cams customer in the future for sure.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Grumpy4.8
I emailed Mr. Mays this morning and the warranty manager has already contacted me. I am impressed. I have 2 sets and all he asked me was if they had the blue stripe on them.
Originally Posted by Holty
i emailed them and they didn't ask for a reciept or anything, they sent me the new springs and i had them in two days. I will continue to be a Comp Cams customer in the future for sure.
Good customer service is what will keep me as a customer. Sh*t happens, it's a part of manufacturing. Dealing with it promptly and directly is what needed to be done.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trever1t
Good customer service is what will keep me as a customer. Sh*t happens, it's a part of manufacturing. Dealing with it promptly and directly is what needed to be done.
Well said!

I have heard there is another company having spring problems and I know someone who had one of those springs break and send a valve through the engine. That company (which I'm not going to name since it's second hand info to me) has no intention of doing anything for the customer who ended up with engine damage. I don't even think they were willing to replace the springs. Needless to say he has decided to upgrade to a 6.0L
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by truckmann
Well said!

I have heard there is another company having spring problems and I know someone who had one of those springs break and send a valve through the engine. That company (which I'm not going to name since it's second hand info to me) has no intention of doing anything for the customer who ended up with engine damage. I don't even think they were willing to replace the springs. Needless to say he has decided to upgrade to a 6.0L
Yup thats the story.......all they offered was to replace the whole set of springs, after one had broken while going down the highway mind you, and when asked about any help with defering the cost of repairs they simply stated that "we issue no warranty with our parts, but we MIGHT help you out with some new parts" uhhh no thanks your shitty springs already showed me the quality of the products/ QC process. Needless to say Richard over @ WCCH was a tremendous help, even though I think he got shafted as well on the repair costs of the heads, he repaired them and sent em back to me last week.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

I contacted Chris Mays last night via email, and got a reply today from both him and the warranty manager today..and was told the springs are on the way..
Awesome customer service from a great company..nice to know being from Eastern Canada wasnt an issue in the least.

Another Comp customer for life
Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they're getting replacements out next day air each time !
Old 12-24-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

so all blue stripes should get swapped? or just the batch numbers listed??
I dont want to change them again.