INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Crane Cams shuts down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe that was recent, like 6mos ago recent, and they STILL went out.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
i believe that was recent, like 6mos ago recent, and they STILL went out.
Ahh...ok, i was on there site and seen that, so didnt know. So they out business or good?!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

so what is going to happen to their inventory?
or has it all been sold already?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Thats what i am wondering
Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are shut down for good...I talked to my dad on Wed about getting a cam I wanted from them as he gets their products factory direct (he has a 40 yr old business building high performance race engines, mostly Chevy, Mopar, and Ford stuff, but no GenIII/IV stuff, and he's got a CNC program that's just getting off the ground), anyway, he said that their doors officially closed on Monday, phones are disconnected, etc. Not sure what happened to their inventory, I'm assuming that they had a fire sale and dumped it off to their vendors, but I don't know for sure. There's still the possibility that they will be bought again though, there was an organization or two that was showing interest, but nothing has transpired yet.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, crazy! i told my dad that tonight and he was shocked, he has been long since out of modifing vehicles, but he was like, they have been around forever. Pretty crazy.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Launching!

PRESS RELEASE:
LIQUIDATION OF CRANE CAMS, INC. ANNOUNCED Complete High Performance Camshaft ManufacturerAll Machinery, $2+ Million in Inventory, 16 Trademarks & 3 Patents for Sale LiquiTec Industries, Inc. has been engaged to liquidate the assets of CraneCams, Inc., one of the world's largest independent manufacturers ofcamshafts, valve train components and electrical ignition systems for theperformance industry. Established in 1953, Crane Cams(r) is a brand namerecognized for high quality, precision products that are race-proven towithstand the rigors of competition. Product applications includeautomotive, motorcycle, marine, aircraft and other specialty markets. The sale includes all machinery; all raw materials, work-in-process andfinished goods including over $2 million of high performance and racingapplication engine components including camshafts, rocker arms, lifters andother parts for most GM, Ford and Mopar engines; 16 patents and threepatents. LiquiTec is accepting bids now for inventory, trademarks and patents. Anauction sale of all remaining inventory and machinery will take place onWednesday, April 22, 2009 at the company's former headquarters in DaytonaBeach, Florida. The sale will also be broadcast over the internet viaBidSpotter.com. For more information or to register to attend the sale,contact LiquiTec at (800) 852-9252
Old 03-31-2009, 09:39 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

I wonder if someone bought up some cams and I can get a 220/224 on the cheap lol
Old 03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Looks like someone bought Crane The liquidation is over...Scorpion Performance to the rescue

Scorpion Performance to Buy Crane Cams

March 31, 2009
By aftermarketNews staff

According to media reports, Scorpion Performance held a job fair at Crane Cams last week, which was attended by nearly all of Crane Cams' 280 former employees.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- High performance engine parts maker Scorpion Performance has stepped in to purchase Crane Cams, which was set to be sold at auction later this month.

The legendary business closed its doors unexpectedly in February with plans to reopen later this Spring after reorganizing. After that plan was unsuccessful, a company called LiquiTec was engaged to liquidate the 56-year old company's assets at an auction, which was set for April 22.

According to media reports, Scorpion Performance held a job fair at Crane Cams last week, which was attended by nearly all of Crane Cams’ 280 former employees. The management at Scorpion Performance told the job fair attendees that they planned to reopen the business soon and replace as many jobs as possible.

Quick Reply: Crane Cams shuts down.