INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

ebay headers and intake installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay headers and intake installed

well after three days got my stainless ebay headers installed. only worked on it early in the morning for a few hours because its been hot and my patience seem to be running short these days. overall im glad i did it. price was right and my beer always taste a lil better after doing something myself. did my ss camaro a few years ago and this time went alot smoother took everyones advice and soaked all the bolts with pc blaster. arms are alot less scratched up no plastic cowl screws ripping up my forearms. ripped apart my # 8 msd wire taking them off though chose to do it while the engine was hot to get the bolts out easier and got excited with that wire. should have just wore gloves. very dissapointing about how the wires touch the header but for the price its hard to complain. tried to make a lil bracket like i saw in another thread but could get my hands in there to start bolts but have them tie wrapped off for now still need to make something permanent. driver side front sensor sits right aginst floor board so im going to need to beat on my floor board to give it room. couldnt get passenger side band clamp on because there was not enough room between o2 bung and y pipe bracket so i used supplied u bolt for that spot.

overall went pretty good. was able to fix my msd wire by cutting and recrimping connector was a pain had to lube boot up to slide it up the wire but eventually got it fixed. first time it fired up and ran smooth. i did install new spark plugs at the same time. no codes or check engine lights. wasent sure what to do with that pump thing and exaust cross over crap so i ripped out the cross over and just hooked up the one tube from the egr to the headers. now i have that pump thing just pumping out air when i start it, should i rip that stuff out or will it throw a code?

first drive felt good, it is louder and deeper but is quiet at idle. really livens up when you get on it though. i can deffianatly feel a SOTP difference though and thats what i was hoping. i installed a jantzer ported throttle body and ebay 90$ CAI a few weeks ago also and notice a slight improvement but i think it works much better now with the exaust. i have one cherry bomb extreme muffler with it dumped right before the axle. y pipe now hangs lower than tranny cross member wich isent good because that scraps all the time being so low but im sure i can get it fixed, again sounds mellow at idle and light load but sounds great with some throttle. need to get a cam and tune now really looking hard out the smallest of the lsr comp cams, any one have it yet? i think its like 215, 223 or something. would also like a fast truck intake to add but getting married in october so maybe next year.

thanks for reading i have been on here reading for a long time but i dont really post much but thought it might help someone else out as other post convinced me it was a worthwhile mod even being in ca. really get tired of the so called smog laws and gun laws but its still my choice to live here so i have nobody to blame, must be the awesome scenery and weather. ok beer time!