INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THIS IS REALLY GOT ME CONFUSED. I WILL TRY THE MASS AIR SENSOR. IT JUST DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE. THE TRUCK RAN REALLY GOOD BEFORE I PUT THE CAM,ROCKERS,SPRINGS,AND UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS AND ELECTRIC FANS. I TOOK IT TO TWO DIFFERENT TUNERS ONE WAS EFI LIVE. THIS GUY SPENT TWO DAYS ON IT AND COULDNT GET THE IDLE WRIGHT. WHEN HE FINALLY GOT IT TO WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS GOOD, TO ME THE TRUCK HAD LOST POWER. AFTER RUNNING THE TRUCK FOR A DAY IT WENT HAYWIRE LOST ALL KINDS OF POWER. THAT PLACE WANTED ME TO TRY ALL KINDS OF THINGS BEFORE BRINGING IT BACK. I TOOK IT FOR A SECOND OPINION.
THE SECOND PLACE THAT I TOOK IT TO WAS HP TUNERS. THEY TOOK A FEW DAYS OF LOOKING EVERYTHING OVER AND CHECKED EVERYTHING. THEY TO HAD A HARD TIME WITH THE IDELE. SO NOW MY IDLE STAY UP AROUND 1500 AND COMES DOWN SLOW SO IT WONT STALL. BUT THE TRUCK STILL FEELS LIKE SOMETHIG IT HOLDING IT BACK WHEN I FLOOR IT AND IT HAS A DELAY WHEN I STOMP IT. THE TRUCK DYNOED AT 325HP AT THE REAR WHEELS. WOULNT YOU THINK IF I HAVE 456 GEARS AND 325HP I COULD SPIN 35s. WELL I CANT. I THOUGHT I WOULD TELL YOU A LITTLE ABOUT WHAT IV BEEN THROUGH, SO I NEED SOME HELP. I WILL TRY THE MASS AIR SENSOR AND TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS. IF ANYONE HAS SOME IDEAS FOR ME TO TRY I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT. THANKS TIM
Old 05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have the stock throttle body?

honestly if you dont have another dyno tuner to go to, id get a mail order tune to get it going, unless its not a daily driver.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
TECH Resident

Or return to the place that did both of your tunes and tell them to fix what's wrong after the new MAF is in place.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Yes its the stock throttle body. This is my daily driver.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

who installed all the parts? sure the cam was lined up correctly? are the rockers arms set correctly? theres a few mechanical problems you could have..also spending 2 days to tune a vehicle with just a few bolt ons and a cam? please find some one else..honestly id drive quite a ways away to find some one to dyno tune before i got a mail order..just think how many times they flashed your truck in 2 days..and you expect a mail order to be dead on the first try??
Old 05-07-2008, 05:55 PM

I instslled the parts and they are done wright with out a dought. The rockers are set correctly. The guy i took it to spent some time making sure all the work I did was done correctly. I drove an hour an a half to the last guy,because he was the best in the general area. I never said anything about a mail order being dead. Im going to change a few thing and try flashing the truck back to stock, then try a mail order. Thanks for the help I will let you guys know what happens.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Launching!

inchup - nice read!! Timw88 - i have all of your mods except for the cam and i definately have much more power but not enough to smoke 40" tires!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

The only time a Granatelli is any good is on a totally stock vehicle. The chage in resistance for more fuel gives tuners a terrible time getting it to run properly. My .02
Old 05-10-2008, 06:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

what size cam did you install. you could have cammed to big and its killing your torque
Old 05-10-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sounds like the MAF sensor put the screen back in....

Quick Reply: Engine mods