INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Finally got my ride back...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got my ride back...

It's been close to a month she was gone sent her out to put in a shift kit and a high performance rebuild kit and a 3k stall...got to the trans shop he tore it down and it was pretty much shot... which I think my have came from a trans leak lost all my tranny fluid one time and them I broke a driveshaft another time and tranny fluid was everywhere... both times took it to the dealer ship and they said nothing was wrong with it... so after I get it out the tranny shop the next day I take it to the guy who did my cam and head swap and I noticed it was hitting the rev limiter and was hard to shift to 2nd.. so I drop it off anyway.. 2 weeks it took him to do the cam and head swap and install some ps LT's ... first he had the heads sent off for a valve job and shaved and we had to wait on some valve covers spacers that were on back order for ever thats what took so long beside the guy having to go to eye doctor appointments and all.. so I get it out sounds like animal runs good but the tranny still aint right... next day get it to the tranny shop he put it on some machine to see if it was the tune making it slip or it was the tranny.. it was the tranny opened it up my cluthe pack was burned up a buch of seals and some more things... so basically I had to have the trans rebuilt all over no warranty because I did buy the parts from him he rebuilt it got it out yeasterday and now it runs like a wild bull...it's shifts hard *** hell from first to second it's kinda scary is that normal? I had him put the stock converter back in I wasn't to hot on that 3k stall I do want to trade some one or sell it for maybe a 2200-2400 stall...so if anyones look for a converter pm me it's a TCI streetfighter 3k...now it's off to the paint shop for another 3 weeks... everything that was installed PS LT's, 243 heads 5 angle valve job,1/2 valve cover spacers, manley springs, forged pushrods, SS comp rocker rollers, retainers, guides all that good stuff, 218/218 558. 558. 114 ruben cam,transgo shift kit, and a rebuilt 4l60e...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:46 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Sounds pretty good, I'd What are you getting paint on?

Going to make it to the GTG on the 17th?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn good to see u back in action, cant wait to see it run. have u tried runnin it with ur n2o???

-Rob
Old 10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

haven't ran it with the n2o yet it needs some tuning ... oh I'm getting the hole truck repainted basically and the SS back bumper put on and some clear coats...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

sweet bro, glad its back on the road! piiiiiiiics!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by way2much_01
haven't ran it with the n2o yet it needs some tuning ... oh I'm getting the hole truck repainted basically and the SS back bumper put on and some clear coats...
oh ok thats coo, but u can drive it tho right?? let see some pics or better yet some sound clips

-Rob
Old 10-17-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah I can drive just haven't sprayed yet... I'll get some sounds clips tomorrow...the other day I started it up and everyones alarm at work started going off my cutout is stuck open...
Old 10-18-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by way2much_01
yeah I can drive just haven't sprayed yet... I'll get some sounds clips tomorrow...the other day I started it up and everyones alarm at work started going off my cutout is stuck open...
ok coo cant wait to hear it... haha i love going thro the parking lot at work and setting of alarms too, i didnt know u had cutouts? 1 or 2??
Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would take a look at the line pressures for those shifts. Your gonna break your new tranny if your not careful. Ask Dave what he thinks of hard shifts!!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got one but I think the motor burnt up it wont close I'll probably just take it off...

Quick Reply: Finally got my ride back...