INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Finally!......new Blower Cam........w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:06 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Worry not Grippy my brother, i have a dustpile-o-parts too. Yea its lookin like Eds gonna do my cam as well. ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOBE BABY!!!

Very Cool, it will be nice to see how Ed's cams perform in the truck arena
Old 02-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you be willing to say if it has a noticeable lope or not? Just wondering if its gonna sound mean or stealth?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:10 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BenKey
I agree with why even post if you're not going to give specs. Why the secrecy, what are we a bunce of female teeny-boppers? I stopped playing I got a secret when I was 8. A pic of a cam with big lobes is nothing special and a dime a dozen. All just makes your thread pretty worthless. Not the actions I would expect of a moderator. Maybe you should have kept it in the mod section. But, like you say...different strokes....
yes, a definate case of inappropriate mod conduct
Old 02-18-2006, 07:17 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Would you be willing to say if it has a noticeable lope or not? Just wondering if its gonna sound mean or stealth?
I would if I knew bro. Ed will be able to answer that question(although he is currently on vacation). I am not exactly sure how this cam will idle as these aren't your typical lobes, although it should be completely streetable. I have PM'ed Ed this thread, so I imagine he will comment when he is available to do so

One of my requirements was that the Cam be 100% street driveable, as in any condition, and not quirky in the least.

Last edited by moregrip; 02-18-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

If Grippy wants to keep it under his hat, that's his perogative, mod, admin, or man-in-the-moon, IMO. No one needs to get wound up over it.

As long as he tells me and Flyer in the mod section!!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As soon as I knew it came from Ed Curtis, I knew there would be no specs involved. Thats just his way of business, I am sure Grippy will not be disappointed, I have heard very good things from Ed's work.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:23 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BenKey
I couldn't get wound up over something this simple. Just no point to the thread - other than to make everyone ask about it. Only reason I even commented. At this point I'm guessing he doesn't even know the specs.
ah fooey!

Listen Ben, there are lots of good things to take from this thread,

1. I am sharing where I am at for those who are interested
2. I am letting members know that Ed Curtis provided excellent customer service, was extremely helpful, and a pleasure to deal with.
3. I am willing to share pictures and general info about the new Blower Cam, but not the exact specs. In fact, some of the language I've used comes directly off the Cam Card. An especially careful reader might have a good idea of what I have subtley referred too.
4. I have answered all questions(besides "what are the specs") as honestly as I possibly can.

If you find no value in any of that, don't click the thread

Last edited by moregrip; 02-18-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by mattrem
As soon as I knew it came from Ed Curtis, I knew there would be no specs involved. Thats just his way of business, I am sure Grippy will not be disappointed, I have heard very good things from Ed's work.
If im not mistaken, if we gave out the lobe designs from Eds cams, he would be out of business. I guess thats how he makes his money. Like i said previously; ITS ALL IN THE LOBE DESIGN BABY!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never was any good at seeing the forest for the trees.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Junkie

OK. Not to sound like a dick, but I dont think that if Grippy gave out his specs, Ed Curtis would go out of business. I cant think that anyone out side of this site would really care what the specs are. I think that it is kinda a shaddy move to come on here and post all this **** about the cam and not give any specs. Especially if you are a mod and you are here to help people learn and progress with their trucks.

Now personally I could really care less about the cam. It will never help me. I have a cam and it works perfect with my set up. But for people that have a bolt on, 6.0 with a radix that are running somewhat the same mods as Grippy, these specs might help them out. Just a thought.

And one final thing. I know that I am going to get **** for this but who exactly is Ed Curtis. I have heard his name before but I dont really know who he is or what sponsor he works for???

thanks for reading,

Matt

Quick Reply: Finally!......new Blower Cam........w/pics