INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Finally!......new Blower Cam........w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:31 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
OK. Not to sound like a dick, but I dont think that if Grippy gave out his specs, Ed Curtis would go out of business. I cant think that anyone out side of this site would really care what the specs are. I think that it is kinda a shaddy move to come on here and post all this **** about the cam and not give any specs. Especially if you are a mod and you are here to help people learn and progress with their trucks.

Now personally I could really care less about the cam. It will never help me. I have a cam and it works perfect with my set up. But for people that have a bolt on, 6.0 with a radix that are running somewhat the same mods as Grippy, these specs might help them out. Just a thought.

And one final thing. I know that I am going to get **** for this but who exactly is Ed Curtis. I have heard his name before but I dont really know who he is or what sponsor he works for???

thanks for reading,

Matt

The, "Especially if your a Moderator" comment is ridiculous. The last thing you should do is insinuate I don't help members. If it means that much to you, take the time and do a search under my user name and see just how much I DO HELP members around here(which I'm guessing you won't), half of which, you have no idea of because those efforts are either in the form of PM's, emails, or day to day site management. You can think I should cough up my specs all day, it won't change the outcome here.

For all that read this, being a Moderator has nothing to do with whether I share my Cam specs or not. Take the valuable information from the thread, disgard what you can't use or you think is unimportant, and have a nice day.

let's keep the comments "ON TOPIC" from now on.

Last edited by moregrip; 02-19-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:23 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to jump off topic here for a moment:

The comment was made "Especially if your a Moderator". Please, this has nothing to do with being a moderator on this site.

I may not agree with keeping the specs locked in a safe, infact I do think there might be something learned from this particular set up.....

That being said, if Grip wants to keep them private....so be it. All the ball bustin in the world is not going to unlock that safe at this point.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Just to jump off topic here for a moment:

The comment was made "Especially if your a Moderator". Please, this has nothing to do with being a moderator on this site.

I may not agree with keeping the specs locked in a safe, infact I do think there might be something learned from this particular set up.....

That being said, if Grip wants to keep them private....so be it. All the ball bustin in the world is not going to unlock that safe at this point.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by BenKey
For the most part true, however giving specs (ex 228/232) would not give away a "lobe design". That is much different. Allen Futral has his own lobes as well. I have them in my truck. Me giving the specs listed in my sig however, does not give away the secret of his lobes. Sorry to contest - just bored.
This is true, by just giving out his .050" values probly wouldnt hurt but thats his call.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

I know grippy would post up his new cam specs if he could, just like his previous 220/224 581/581 on a 115lsa cam, but he agreed with his cam designer he wouldn't give out the specs. Im sure Ed has studied cams very long and gone through multiple trial and error to come up with his current cam designs. He just doesn't want his cam grinds to be duplicated since they can't be patented. How would you guys feel if you were in his situation?

Good luck in acheiving your goal gripster and let us know how you like that new cam.

btw, don't worry grip, I got your back.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:06 PM
what a rush!

this thread is going nowhere.

Ben, thanks for your input. In the future I'd much appreciate the discretion of a PM. It's like the guy selling exhaust manifold gaskets for $100. His thread is not necessarily the right venue to point out to him that you can buy new exhaust manifold gaskets for $25 at the local dealer. If they are overpriced, no one will buy them, period. Same thing here, if there is no value, no one would respond. I understand you find little value here, yet you continue to post comments. Again, I urge you to NOT click the thread.
Also, when posting new threads, one can never tell exactly what direction they will take. You have made your position abundantly clear and at this point, this thread may very well be better served in the "General" section, as you have suggested. But don't think for a second that that also means there was any "getting over" involved in where it was created. I know you want to be right above all else, that is evident as well. Unfortunately for you, none of what you have suggested was or is the case. I assure you no one is getting away with anything because of a mod status. Lastly, it is irresponsible for you to suggest these things, in public, without at least giving me a chance to clarify my intent through a friendly PM or email. I KNOW you know better than that and quite frankly, I am surprised this is coming from you, who, up until this thread, I respected quite a bit. Good Day

For everyone else, I am sorry this thread has gone this route, it sucks for me and all those who have enjoyed it thus far.

Last edited by moregrip; 02-19-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:38 PM
what a rush!

I was hoping this thread would get back on track somewhat. At least until Ed had a chance to comment if he decided to do so. However, if it continues to be a debate over whether or not I should post my Cam specs, I will close this thread and it will be done. Last Warning.

I am available PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by moregrip
I was hoping this thread would get back on track somewhat. At least until Ed had a chance to comment if he decided to do so. However, if it continues to be a debate over whether or not I should post my Cam specs, I will close this thread and it will be done. Last Warning.

I am available PM.
On that note, what sort of gains (Times and Horsepower/TQ etc.) are you going to be expecting out of this cam? And what stall are you gonna be running(saw it in the pic)?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:12 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
On that note, what sort of gains (Times and Horsepower/TQ etc.) are you going to be expecting out of this cam? And what stall are you gonna be running(saw it in the pic)?
Thank You FarmerBeau! Finally, some questions I can speak too.

The new stall will be about stock at my current power levels. Stock HD verters flash @ approx 2500rpm.

I am expecting 500rwhp/500rwtq with Ed's Cam, Richard's WCCH Stage 2 Heads, the Radix with full supporting exhaust system, and Crash Dummy's Tune
Old 02-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you said once before that you were going for 500/500 on the stock radix tune. Maybe I was wrong. I say that because I am wondering if the tuning CrashDummy is gonna do for you is just to compensate for the cam or are you going with a full blown dyno tune?

Quick Reply: Finally!......new Blower Cam........w/pics