INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Help with engine build! 6.0 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:47 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
it's not a matter of another shop being able to build quality transmissions, I didn't go with FLT either and expect my trans to hold up to my abuses.
Maybe it will, maybe it won't. If it doesn't, you can rest assured I'll be sending it off the FLT for repair.
it's more a matter of 1. FLT's excellent reputation, 2. the fact that they are board sponsor, 3. they help people out when it's not in their best interest 4. they stand behind their product 5. they do top notch work 6. they test what they build 7. we like them
that's why you always hear about them on PT.Net, LS1Tech, etc etc.......they are a top quality shop, period, what else is their to say?

I'm thankful we have them on-board here because there are many many more shops that are just the opposite

thank you sir can I have another
not knocking them just all you hear is that if you breake a FLT then you have to go 80. im saying you dont!!!! and the price is high. ppl said last year i needed an 80, well got my trans built and didnt need an 80.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason everyone says 500+ = 80E is because of the 2 years of research Chuck and I did with the 4L65E. In the end, you can have one built that will last a season at those levels (mine was over 600awhp) BUT it WILL break.

Dude, 8k miles is like 4-5 months for an average DD truck. Well, not for me, but I live 4.5 miles from work heheh. I'm glad your tranny held up, but that's not much of a record honestly (I also don't remember your build specs from when you had the auto -- 6.0 with juice?). My last 65 from Chuck held just about that long too and then it broke a part that can't be beefed up and that has nothing to do with a 'built' tranny.

They can't even make 60s strong enough for the f-bodies that weigh 2000lbs less. Yeah, some people get lucky. Most don't.

FLT's do cost, but its worth every penny.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:52 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
The reason everyone says 500+ = 80E is because of the 2 years of research Chuck and I did with the 4L65E. In the end, you can have one built that will last a season at those levels (mine was over 600awhp) BUT it WILL break.

Dude, 8k miles is like 4-5 months for an average DD truck. Well, not for me, but I live 4.5 miles from work heheh. I'm glad your tranny held up, but that's not much of a record honestly (I also don't remember your build specs from when you had the auto -- 6.0 with juice?). My last 65 from Chuck held just about that long too and then it broke a part that can't be beefed up and that has nothing to do with a 'built' tranny.

They can't even make 60s strong enough for the f-bodies that weigh 2000lbs less. Yeah, some people get lucky. Most don't.

FLT's do cost, but its worth every penny.
now this is a pissing match. ok you swing from FLT thats nice. youll pay the 3500 for a trans, good for you. but im saying FLT isnt the only oen out there and there are others with trans holding up and making good times
Old 03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mean it to be a pissing match (sorry it came off that way) and I'm not saying no one else makes good trannies. I'm just saying at 500rwhp you're better in an 80E for the reasons and hands on experiments we did (and it doesn't have anything to do with an FLT breaking).