INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

My 03 Denali for massive HP

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You buy the cutout...it is a short y off the exhaust. You weld it in...crawl under to remove the plate. YES, you will hear a big difference! You will need to tune for the cutout to see a big difference.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so that cut out just goes before the muffler? then I take the plate off for more power and sound? then plug it up for what? to smog it or something? Also, would I get two of them? one for each side? seems to me like you'd want each side with an even amount of pressure..
Old 11-11-2008, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

Place it before the muffler to bypass it
You remove it so it can be crazy loud and flow more.
You can buy electric cutouts which can be opened and closed with the switch in the cab.
I had a DMH in my camaro, it was alot of fun
Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Teching In

So I would get two of them then right? one for each pipe leading into the single muffler?..whats DMH? is it electric? I could put a toggle in the truck to open them up for better flow?

you guys say I have to tune it for a cut out(s)...if I tune it to run with cut outs...will it harm or decrease power when I run the truck with the cut outs closed?

also...with these going on creating a "straight pipe" effect (after cats of course)...could that burn up the valves? (My SGT told me I would burn up the valves when I told him I was going to straight pipe our humvee...)
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blizzardx23
So I would get two of them then right? one for each pipe leading into the single muffler?..whats DMH? is it electric? I could put a toggle in the truck to open them up for better flow?

you guys say I have to tune it for a cut out(s)...if I tune it to run with cut outs...will it harm or decrease power when I run the truck with the cut outs closed?

also...with these going on creating a "straight pipe" effect (after cats of course)...could that burn up the valves? (My SGT told me I would burn up the valves when I told him I was going to straight pipe our humvee...)
Yes, you would put a switch in if you opted for the electric cutouts. DMH is a brand name.

Your tuning would be 'on' for the cutout...yes, no harm but not spot on with it closed...unless you do like me and have multiple tunes. You'd have to purchase the tuning software your tuner uses and work that out with him.

No harm to the valves, you only need a few inches of head pipe on an engine to prevent vlave warp.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trever1t
Your tuning would be 'on' for the cutout...yes, no harm but not spot on with it closed...unless you do like me and have multiple tunes. You'd have to purchase the tuning software your tuner uses and work that out with him.
Sorry Trever, I dont get it =/
what do you mean "but not spot on with it closed"?

If I get the cutouts and install them, Can I run them open and closed without tuning it first? and if I tune later on to work with the cut outs, Can I run them open and closed without changing the tune?

also, you say you have multiple tunes....how do you switch and what for? multiple plug and play ECUs or something?

I do appreciate the help though...thanks =)