New! Edelbrock LS XT Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribing
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

so that makes the runners shorter than the fast 90 and 92 right? correct me if im wrong. if so couldn't that could benefit us truckers more than the light cars out there
Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
so that makes the runners shorter than the fast 90 and 92 right? correct me if im wrong. if so couldn't that could benefit us truckers more than the light cars out there
Shorter runners generally optimize towards higher rpms, so I would think these would benefit the cars more than the trucks.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Main One
Shorter runners generally optimize towards higher rpms, so I would think these would benefit the cars more than the trucks.
thats too bad, it looks like it would be an easier fit then the ls6/fast/pro products intakes.

oh wait my truck weighs the same as a car, I guess that just means it sucks for you guys.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZZebes
Tunnel Rams are known for their torque, this is basically an unwrapped truck intake, since the truck design is a tunnel ram based intake
Here I thought a tunnel ram was for mid/ top end?!

Originally Posted by DozerDan
A thread over on tech says 30hp at 6500rpm over the fast...not that that says a whole lot for most guys around here but some of us will benefit
When I read something that tells me,...gains @ 6500 or a rpm that my truck probably stays out of for the most part, I usu. think high RPM / HP designed & not torque designed. Now tell me the gains are @ off idle or 1200- 5000 or to 1200-6200, & u have my attn. ( & my truck's).

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
Richard, thanks for sharing your pictures and information.

How would you characterize this manifold versus something like a composite manifold as far as the power range that it's tuned for?

Thanks,
Steve

PS
It appears that by mid to later 2009, we'll have a host of intakes (single and dual plane, composite OEM and aftermarket, sheet metal with short/fat runners , individual throttle bodies on short runners and now a tunnel ram style with mid length runners) for cathedral and rectangular port engines. Who could have imagined this just a few years ago?
If this is true, it's cool to have various intake designs for everyones' tastes, budget, & goals.

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Well, its pretty much nothing new but over the years the lack of truth is present in all the parts and forum talk.

A truck is heavy. What does it take to move a heavy vehicle? Low end TQ and low speed air movement. You can never go wrong about building for too much low end power in a heavy vehicle. Why do you think all the magnacharged guys do so well with such little HP dyno graphs? That same reason. TQ on tap down low. Thats all. No rocket science here.

So now here we are as time goes on and new parts are introduced on a daily basis around here. Manifolds all seem to be the new thing in. And whats happening? Everyone is going slower. People are building trucks for HP. Wrong!!! Just because it looks promising on a dyno graph from Edlebrook, which companies like that all make it sound great, does not mean you gained anything from the truck at all.

Getting back to the manifold. GM was not stupid, composite is great. NO HEAT!!! Heat is power. ... But the argument could be that I want top end power right? When was the last time you saw an LS style motor spin 7200rpms? Or even 8K where it finally shines? Yeah, see where I am going with this? Work with the range the motor was built to work with. And everyone around here who has went carb style went to a stroker crank. The reverse of what should of happened. No one is putting thought anymore into building the right way. They are just slapping parts on. Take time to realize how this motor is really built, and then people will start realizing its very easy to make a truck fast, and they could spend less.

Rick
I'm w/ Rick's way of thinkin. Less is more. Esp. if it saves $. Rick is the man!

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
That would look even better without all the advertising on it.
Offer it both ways.

Originally Posted by Main One
+1.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

any info on the release date, I couldn't find it on there website?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
the throttle body blade wasn't even opening?
Watch again: When the pull starts at low rpm, you can see the throttle open to almost full before they fade into a shot of the screen. You'll see that the cam that the cable pulls starts out in an almost verticle position, and goes horizontal as the cable pulls it. Then in the rest of the video, it stays horizontal. It's not that the blade wasn't opening, it's that it was never closed!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

It looks like the runners are a little shorter than the Vic Jr's four long runners, but noticably longer than the Vic's four short runners, going by comparing pictures.
Just from that info, my fantasy dyno would show more power at a lower rpm than the Vic, but not much lower, and over a narrower spread.
There, it's official.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

and lets not mention you prolly have to get new fuel rails.....i don't think the stockers will fit this item.......the LS6/1/2 won't at least
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NateZQ8
and lets not mention you prolly have to get new fuel rails.....i don't think the stockers will fit this item.......the LS6/1/2 won't at least
Truck guy's need new fuel rails for anything then our intake. You car guys can use a fast or pro prod intake with your stock stuff. But no matter what we get we need to change everything. An ls6 intake swap cost us double then an f-body because of everything that needs to be modified.

Quick Reply: New! Edelbrock LS XT Intake Manifold