INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Patriot Heads VS PRC Heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Heads VS PRC Heads

Im thinking bout some new heads...but cant decide between Patriot heads with have a combustion chamber of 59cc or the PRC stage 2.5 heads that are 61.5cc i think OR should i go with the PRC 215cc ported heads? im looking for and even gain in low and high rpm ranges? ADVICE NEEDED
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

i'd recommend spending a few more bucks on some higher-end heads. budget heads will get you budget gains at best, IMO
Old 08-04-2009, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PRC 215 heads are kind of apples to oranges with the ported castings. They are a complete aftermarket casting built from the ground up with laid over valves, thicker deck, instead rocker arm clearance under the cover, smaller runners to aid in velocity and thereby power production, and more!

Now if you're wanting the budget alternative of a ported GM casting, I think you'll be very happy with the PRC line-up over the competitors.

What are your goals for this project? ET gains, dyno gains, or both? Are street manners a big concern, or are you more concern with the power it makes and driveability be damned?

Let me know and we can get you setup with a package that suits your needs and budget!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
What are your goals for this project? ET gains, dyno gains, or both? Are street manners a big concern, or are you more concern with the power it makes and driveability be damned?

Let me know and we can get you setup with a package that suits your needs and budget!
I am focused on The whole RPM range which is 6000 and i dont care bout steet manners...i was thinking bout getting the 215cc heads 59cc combustion chambers but they will cost me alot since i live all the way in Kuwait? what do you suggest me getting?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really the 215's will just cost you about $800-1000 more depending on which GM casting you compare them to. Shipping is approximately the same for either!

For the best power, the 215's are it!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Ad1
On The Tree

i have the prc stage 2.5 and believe me you gonna love them and they are cheap for what you gonna gain
also i think you will want to change the cam to 220/220 or 224r (my opinion)

with the stage 2.5 and the right cam you will be close to 400 wheel hp on your setup

another thing you gonna pay almost the same shipping for whatever heads you choose since they all weight the same or a little difference

for me the guys at texas speed are great to work with, they help and answer every email i send them , (thanks John Janz)

if you want to ask any thing contact me

Last edited by Ad1; 08-04-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Ad1
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Really the 215's will just cost you about $800-1000 more depending on which GM casting you compare them to. Shipping is approximately the same for either!

For the best power, the 215's are it!
hi matt,
i have an ET Performance heads am not sure if they are 225 or 215 cc (there is 215.035 on the casting) which my brother purchased from you long time ago

do you think they will work good on 5.3 engine? everybody say they work better on bigger cubes not 5.3
Old 08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ad1
i have the prc stage 2.5 and believe me you gonna love them and they are cheap for what you gonna gain
also i think you will want to change the cam to 220/220 or 224r (my opinion)

with the stage 2.5 and the right cam you will be close to 400 wheel hp on your setup

another thing you gonna pay almost the same shipping for whatever heads you choose since they all weight the same or a little difference

for me the guys at texas speed are great to work with, they help and answer every email i send them , (thanks John Janz)

if you want to ask any thing contact me
i agree with u about changing my cam since my power range starts from 2000 till 6000 but u see around here we used to have a 1/4 mile now we dont soo all we do is street race...and i always race rolling 40kmh im gonna throw some heads on...if i dnt like the setup ill change my cam to a 220/220!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Ad1
On The Tree

also converter will be a great mod since avalanches are heavy lol
did you notice any difference with the slp UD pulley? am still not sure if its worth it or not because its like my last mod on stock engine
Old 08-04-2009, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ad1
did you notice any difference with the slp UD pulley? am still not sure if its worth it or not because its like my last mod on stock engine
THE UD pulley gave a bit of a kick in torque..some ppl say it drains the electricity but on my avalanche it didnt seem to have any effect on it...its worth it if u get a good price on it and make sure u get SLP nuthin else!

Quick Reply: Patriot Heads VS PRC Heads