INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

PROCOMP LS6 heads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:47 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PROCOMP LS6 heads?

Can anyone give me any input on these heads? All i could find for info on these heads is that they have 190cc intake runners, 64cc combustion chambers, CNC'd runners/combustion chambers, and they support 500+ horsepower. What i'd really like to know is he anyone has ever flow tested these or have any dyno results. The only reason i'm interested in these is cuz a buddy of mine is giving me a killer deal on a set. They're new and never installed with stainless valves.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
Can anyone give me any input on these heads? All i could find for info on these heads is that they have 190cc intake runners, 64cc combustion chambers, CNC'd runners/combustion chambers, and they support 500+ horsepower. What i'd really like to know is he anyone has ever flow tested these or have any dyno results. The only reason i'm interested in these is cuz a buddy of mine is giving me a killer deal on a set. They're new and never installed with stainless valves.
They seem to pop up every once in a while. Not a lot of feedback on LS1Tech but these are all from different posts:

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
junk-no sense on spending good money on bad parts.seen many of the pro comp heads crack.
Originally Posted by G Engines
Their rods are scat rods that scat was't happy with not to say their is some defect with them , but they didn't pass inspection for some reason. Their heads are a Patriot reject casting same as a Pbm cheep but you get what you pay for.
Originally Posted by ramdaspadhye
Those are pro-comp heads. I would stay clear of them if they're made anything like the procomp SBC heads... You'll need to have the deck squared and lap the valves...
This is a link do a Hot Rod head shootout posting that gave them pretty high marks.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...vs-square.html

IMO, heads are too important of an item to gamble with. Stick with the models with a proven history.

Rick
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny how you mentioned Pro Comp, as my dad (professional race engine builder since 1971 with over 40 national records) and I were just talking today about how everything that they make is cheap junk...we even discussed how low quality their stainless valves are.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input guys! Looks like I'll be going PRC's! When the time comes... Lol