INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

seafoam through intake,crank case, and gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seafoam through intake,crank case, and gas

anybody put seafoam through their engine to clean things up? from what ive been reading about it supposedly its like the best thing since sliced bread but i was just wondering if anywhere here had any personal experience?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

several people have used it on here and liked it and some have hated it. i have a can on the bottom of my tool box but i just havent used it. i say go for it.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

I put some though my intake. Didn't notice any improvements and it only smoked a little. I wouldn't be afraid to put it into my gas but would skip the idea of putting it in my oil.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mudaholicZ71
anybody put seafoam through their engine to clean things up? from what ive been reading about it supposedly its like the best thing since sliced bread but i was just wondering if anywhere here had any personal experience?
I operate a repair shop in dallas and that is what we use for the induction service on vehicles, I have ran through my truck a few times But before i'm finished i spray a can of carb cleaner through the throttle body w/ maf un-pluged while reving the engine to wash out the seafoam still in the intake, it leaves the intake clean & dry...works good.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alot of ppl swear by it, i use it threw the vac line to the brake booster every now and then and a can every few full tanks of gas, ive heard positive things about using it in the oil, but i dont have the ***** to try it.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I use to run seafoam through my brake booster line and gas tank in my GMC Sierra before every oil change... it works pretty good. Smokes out the neighborhood quite a bit! lol
Old 08-25-2009, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Parke10
alot of ppl swear by it, i use it threw the vac line to the brake booster every now and then and a can every few full tanks of gas, ive heard positive things about using it in the oil, but i dont have the ***** to try it.
well your not suppose to just pour it in the crank case and forget about it you just suppose to put it in there and some say just let the truck run for 5-10 minutes and other says to run the truck for 5-10 miles down the road and then immediately change the oil. so if i do decide to run it through the crank case ill just the truck sit still and run for a just a few minutes and then change the oil and filter
Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use it in the intake, gas, and crank case. been using it since i bought my truck in 2005. i do all three at the oil change intervals. keeps things clean
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ur-car-26.html

That is a detail wright up on how to use it. I have used also.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
I use it in the intake, gas, and crank case. been using it since i bought my truck in 2005. i do all three at the oil change intervals. keeps things clean
Thats why i wanted to use the seafoam because i'm do for an oil change i doubt i'll start using it every oil change but maybe every other oil change. how long do you allow your truck to operate with the seafoam in the crankcase? do you drive around a couple miles with the seafoam in or do you just let the truck sit in the yard and run for 5-10 minutes? also after you drain your oil with the seafoam do you dump a quart of oil through the motor or do you just start filling it with oil?

Quick Reply: seafoam through intake,crank case, and gas