INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Strong cam for stock 5.3??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snake Eater
Yep, it was the old GT-1 they stopped making. Even when it was in a LS1 it couldnt be tuned right. That cam just all out sucked. NOT tuner error, thats why LPE discontinued them.
Which should also lay to rest the idea that "all Lingenfelter cams suck and so does the company."
Old 01-30-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBSS
Which should also lay to rest the idea that "all Lingenfelter cams suck and so does the company."
Your just not getting what I'm saying.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

dont buy a lingenfelter cam, there ****!!!!! I had one and even cam experts couldnt help tune it, as well as there customer service refused to help me.
Yep, it was the old GT-1 they stopped making. Even when it was in a LS1 it couldnt be tuned right. That cam just all out sucked. NOT tuner error, thats why LPE discontinued them.
Your just not getting what I'm saying.
So what exactly are you saying? Your statements are confusing. First it's all of their cams, then it's just one, which you've admitted they don't even sell anymore. Aren't you overreacting and overgeneralizing just a little bit?

And you're the only person I've heard of who has had a problem with Lingenfelter's service.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, personaly I dont like LPE. I dont like them because the ONE cam I got was **** and they discontinued it because it was ****. I needed help trying to get my truck to run right so I called them and they were rude on the phone and refused to help in any way because the cam "is for a 5.7, not 5.3". This is after I called them and they said it would work, so I bought it. I got rid of the cam and it was installed in a 02' LS1 and still not able to be tuned right. SO, the one cam I got from them and the multiple phone calls and emails, they refused to help. It was some of the worst customer service I've ever seen.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Veteran

ok, personaly I dont like LPE. I dont like them because the ONE cam I got was **** and they discontinued it because it was ****. I needed help trying to get my truck to run right so I called them and they were rude on the phone and refused to help in any way because the cam "is for a 5.7, not 5.3". This is after I called them and they said it would work, so I bought it. I got rid of the cam and it was installed in a 02' LS1 and still not able to be tuned right. SO, the one cam I got from them and the multiple phone calls and emails, they refused to help. It was some of the worst customer service I've ever seen.
Yeah, it sounds like you got them at a bad time. Every organization has problems occasionally, that's EVERY organization, but they're not always handled properly. I can see why you have a bad taste in your mouth, which is a shame, because Lingenfelter is actually a great company with great products.

I know what you mean, though, there's a great company that I used to buy lots of stuff through (Pendelton Wollen Mills - wool coats, shirts and blankets) but those ******* sold my name, and one time I went to the P.O. Box and there were literally 11 ******* **** spamming magazines from *********** that Pendelton sold my name to. So I called them up and said,

"I buy stuff from you every year for Christmas presents, but that ends today. Cancel my subscription to your catalog. Remove my name from your database. I will never buy another product from you for as long as I live. And if anyone asks me about your company, I won't tell them how good your products are, all I will tell them is that you sold my name without my permission. I hope that was worth the 25 cents or whatever it is you sold my name for, you dumbasses."

So yeah, I think I know what it feels like to hold a grudge against a company.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my lpe gt2-5 has never idled right. I have tuned on it till Im blue in the face for over a year and it was never quite right. But up top she runs like a raped ape, it pushed my ECSB z71 into the 13s on motor