Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...n-fast-31.html
Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Halo
it is real simple, I have the main feed line going in to the regulator, return on the bottom and the out to the y in the picture. I know dirt track racer 81 has his mounted in a like way but he is not using a y. Many members have the fpr in the same set up, and a few are run like thunder550's. The returnless system has it in the tank so I figure it really does not matter. My truck is running fine now that I got the maf hooked up straight to the tb.
I looked up your regulator's instructions and found the reason I was confused. The Edelbrock regulator is labeled as you described, in, out, and return. My Magnafuel regulator's instructions label the ports in, in, and return. Their instructions even diagram it to have a line from each rail, and the return to the tank, and the rails fed from a y-fitting on the other end. I don't know if my regulator will work in your configuration, it might, but Magnafuel doesn't offer it as an option in the instructions. That's why when I saw your set up, I said "Huh?".
Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4.8T
have you driven it yet? i would also like to know how daily driving feels.
I should be able to let you know by sunday. I know for sure the open header sound is louder and the idle is much better. I am running a 230/236 591/601 on a 110 cam with 11 to 1 compression.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
I looked up your regulator's instructions and found the reason I was confused. The Edelbrock regulator is labeled as you described, in, out, and return. My Magnafuel regulator's instructions label the ports in, in, and return. Their instructions even diagram it to have a line from each rail, and the return to the tank, and the rails fed from a y-fitting on the other end. I don't know if my regulator will work in your configuration, it might, but Magnafuel doesn't offer it as an option in the instructions. That's why when I saw your set up, I said "Huh?".
I can see where that would happen.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

if all goes well some base tuning may be complete this coming weekend and we can start getting some idea of what this thing will do
Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I should know something in a day or two on the tuning... at least get one wideband in there so we can get it nailed down... the other one can be simply for monitoring the other bank. I've gotta do some quick scanning on EFI before then though... I'm HPT brained LOL
Old 04-29-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I should know something in a day or two on the tuning... at least get one wideband in there so we can get it nailed down... the other one can be simply for monitoring the other bank. I've gotta do some quick scanning on EFI before then though... I'm HPT brained LOL
well I have been doing a little reading and I already have a custom os for the speed density tune. Joe from EFI Live suggested we get the fuel trim lined out with the current os and swap everthing to the cusom os. I think we can use your hpt for logging and understanding what we need to do in efi live.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:35 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so how's it doing?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4.8T
so how's it doing?
working on tunning and the tranny right nown sorry for taking so long but alot of things are going on with this.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any update on how she runs?

Quick Reply: Update on the Edelbrock LS-XT pro flo intake