something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your truck is still slow.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevytruck
Your truck is still slow.

I know.. I need to get that 50HP **** like scott is advertising. Im sure yours will be slow too

Last edited by D_reks{5.3}; 09-17-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
I Contacted PAC 3 days ago with no response. There is always a first for everything, And i would be happy to have them tested if they just reply to me.

I didnt know you couldnt ask questions on this forum, isnt that the purpose of this place?
When I called PAC when I was doing my cam swap they answered right away. They answered my questions in 5 minutes. What do you expect with an email? An email isn't going to get you anywhere.

This is a forum, yes, I tend to go by real world experience. From what your installer claims, I would far trust him with all the combos he has tried over what someone on a forum says. 4800 valve springs, if that's the case is way more knowledge than your going to get from an "internet racer". Not saying everyone here is, but it's true.

I really don't care, but it's a forum isn't that the purpose of this place? Share information and opinions...

Last edited by Dezert1500; 09-17-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dezert1500
When I called PAC when I was doing my cam swap they answered right away. They answered my questions in 5 minutes. What do you expect with an email? An email isn't going to get you anywhere.

This is a forum, yes, I tend to go by real world experience. From what your installer claims, I would far trust him with all the combos he has tried over what someone on a forum says. 4800 valve springs, if that's the case is way more knowledge than your going to get from an "internet racer". Not saying everyone here is, but it's true.

I really don't care, but it's a forum isn't that the purpose of this place? Share information and opinions...
Calling them is next, I wanted to give them 4 or 5 days to reply and see if they would or not.. if nothing By the end of today then i am calling tomorrow..

Yes i do trust my installer, But that doesnt mean i dont want to hear some other opinions. Yes i agree with you, Information, opinions, and questions.

So what now about you swapping in a new cam? what are the specs on this one?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Loud noises!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:44 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
I only got upset because of the "ignorant statements" part of your last reply. I did fully inspect the springs and timing chain installation before it was reassembled. We have a routine that adds a couple minutes to our labor but prevents mistakes. We always have a 2nd person fully inspect installations regardless of the installer. I have one of my employees inspect anything I do as well, everyone no matter how experienced can have a mistake and we go above and beyond to prevent that. We fully heat cycle the springs a few times with cool downs as well, which was done on Derek's truck.

Becoming a sponsor = lots and lots of phone calls per day from non-local customers when I can't keep up with the workload I have and I already get too many phone calls.

You're never going to please or convince everyone..This is my last post regarding it as i've went out of my way to fully explain how things work and what has happened...theres always going to your nay'sayers etcetc that will give their own thoughts or opinions. To each their own
Sorry that I offended you...I already removed the "ignorant" part out of my post. Sounds like you run a tight ship, glad that you're still busy in this economy. Keep up the good work

And I retract my original input, considering the installer and his QC program, I'd say that PAC must have a bad batch of springs
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Little update guys, Got the truck back today and everything is as good as new . Should be gettin some dyno numbers on Monday..
Old 09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Now after all this you had to go through you have to run at the meet.

P.S. glad to hear its ok now.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sharky05
Now after all this you had to go through you have to run at the meet.

P.S. glad to hear its ok now.
**** i will be lucky if i make it to the meet man, Didnt expect to have this happen. So now kinda low on funds now...
Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Low on funds is a shitty excuse Derek!
Your coming and that's pretty much the end of the discussion! Glad you have your truck now!!

Quick Reply: What does it sound like to you???