Notices

Lightning concept vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lightnings suck ***** there little punk trucks the only reason guys buy them is because there is no other performance trucks out there duuuuh! no competition yet there will be soon i promise all you guys i live here in michigan right by gm powertrain and i know the head guy there doug bacon and he tells me that at the end of 2006 a supercharged ls2 powered silverado will be ready so just holdon he said the wait will be worth it!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

lightnings suck *****. now THAT is some great tech!
Old 08-15-2004, 02:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgpblack04
....i live here in michigan right by gm powertrain and i know the head guy there doug bacon and he tells me that at the end of 2006 a supercharged ls2 powered silverado will be ready so just holdon he said the wait will be worth it!....

By 2006 gas will be $10.00 a gallon and supertrucks will be history, WTF are those boneheads in Michigan thinking ? A day late and a dollar short IMO, they could have had something last year, or this year....the General continues to dissapoint.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

They may or may not produce a vehicle like that in 2006. Hell, right before the SSR went into mass production they were saying that they would have 6.0, that didnt happen. The other problem is that by then, if the super truck segment continues to grow, Lightnings will have much more technology as well as a better basic foundation since they have been making HUGE numbers for years.
GM will never blow Ford away since Ford actually competes. The Z06 was supposed to be this killer sports car and they are nice. My Parents have had 2 in the last year and a half along with the other 20+ corvettes they have owned in their lifetimes. Ford came out with a sick Cobra that puts out crazy power stock and with under a grand in mods, they get rediculously fast.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:51 PM
12 Second Club

lightnings suck ***** there little punk trucks the only reason guys buy them is because there is no other performance trucks out there duuuuh! no competition yet there will be soon i promise all you guys i live here in michigan right by gm powertrain and i know the head guy there doug bacon and he tells me that at the end of 2006 a supercharged ls2 powered silverado will be ready so just holdon he said the wait will be worth it!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

what about the srt-10, its a competitor. and its badass. lightnings are badass too. i just hate hemi's. so overrated.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

A supercharged LS2 silverado will still probably be a concept they show @ SEMA, yet they give us a Vortec 3500 powered Silverado for production. It would be nice if GM gave us the 6.0L concept they had back in 99/00 that ran circles around the Lighthning and pushed out 400hp...but alas...dreams havent came true
Old 08-21-2004, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Exclamation Not a fan, but impressive...

[QUOTE=Chingon]

http://www.maximum-cars.com/Cars/Car.php?carnumber=418

QUOTE]

Okay so normally Im not impressed with fords looks on their trucks, or the products they put out. But I must say... IMO if they made this available on the market for purchase, Id be one of the first damn people to think about gettin it to be my grocery getter, and use "her" to haul my trial queen when its done. But, once again, just IMO.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

gm doesn't give a h00t about what we want, they want $$$, so they must sell their ecotecs!
Old 08-21-2004, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

so what happens if you let off the gas and pedal it to keep from smoking the tires? Does it shut off and on? I guess it needs 30 seconds of "cool" cause it will take that long to run 1/4 mile smokin the tires all the way thru first and possibly second. I can smoke the tires at will in my v8 sblazer but I would get beat if I did. I am a die hard GM fan but I am truley dissapointed in thier "performance offerings" maybe one day they will step back up to the plate.

Quick Reply: Lightning concept vehicle